Eggtimer Quark Ready for Flight Beeps

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyrocket

Reaction score
OK, I assembled an eggtimer Quark and when I start it up, I get a single beep and then 3 sets of 10 beeps. I also tested the Quark with ematches and they fired so I think everything is working correctly. When I put it in my ebay and connect up ematches and turn it on, I get a single beep, followed by 3 sets of 10 beeps. It then pauses for ~15 seconds and then I get continuous fast beeping (about 10 per second). Is this normal? Manual states it should be chirping, but I was not expecting such fast chirping. Just checking before I fly it in a rocket.

Thanks!

OK, I assembled an eggtimer Quark and when I start it up, I get a single beep and then 3 sets of 10 beeps. I also tested the Quark with ematches and they fired so I think everything is working correctly. When I put it in my ebay and connect up ematches and turn it on, I get a single beep, followed by 3 sets of 10 beeps. It then pauses for ~15 seconds and then I get continuous fast beeping (about 10 per second). Is this normal? Manual states it should be chirping, but I was not expecting such fast chirping. Just checking before I fly it in a rocket.

Thanks!

Yeah, yours is ready to go. The EggTimer products do this fast scream that I really like. If you've programmed the device to do something (EggTimer,Quantum or TRS) and all it o.k. the thing essentially screams. No need to count beeps for continuity or what have you. Kurt

Thanks. That's what I thought but made me nervous as with other altimeters that kind of screaming means there's a problem. Cannot wait to fly it!

Back