Eggtimer Proton Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n27sb

N27SB
Reaction score
Just finished putting together an Eggtimer Proton. Although it has lots of components and looks complicated it is fairly easy to solder. Over the years I have put together everything EF offers
and I think this is similar. Looking forward to putting this in a larger 2 Stage project. Maybe a Nike.

6 channels
Accelerator
WiFi Operation
Not bad for $70
Battery voltage display

https://eggtimerrocketry.com/home/altimeters-av-bay/
IMG_7757.JPGIMG_7758.JPGIMG_7759.PNGIMG_7760.PNG

Arming a rocket with WiFi makes things so easy but with the new TRA rule, you either have to install battery at pad or add a switch. Biggest advantage is no more ladders required for arming.
I agree. I don't find that a switch is a problem. I like to get everything set then turn the switch off to save power. The WiFi devices are hungry.
The WiFi is also handy if you do software upgrades or programming changes.

Just finished putting together an Eggtimer Proton. Although it has lots of components and looks complicated it is fairly easy to solder. Over the years I have put together everything EF offers
and I think this is similar. Looking forward to putting this in a larger 2 Stage project. Maybe a Nike.

6 channels
Accelerator
WiFi Operation
Not bad for $70
Battery voltage display

https://eggtimerrocketry.com/home/altimeters-av-bay/
View attachment 424033View attachment 424034View attachment 424035View attachment 424036
I don’t think there’s anything about the Proton that I don’t like. Perhaps only four channels, less current draw, and a bit smaller. But then most people can’t hand solder 0604 chips. I love the altimeter and accelerometer, the flight data logging, and the different drogue and main configurations, and the main backup for detected drogue failure.

A really great job, Cris!

Back