Eggtimer Products seen last night on Skinwalker Ranch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zbench

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last night while catching up on the Legend of Skinwalker Ranch, I saw what looked like many instances of the Eggfinder TX in the episode. The idea was putting a GPS tracker inside a bottle with a streamer attached and throwing them out of a helicopter at 6,000 feet and record the data on the way down to see what is happening inside an anomalous area on the ranch. Interestingly, they couldn't connect to the devices as they were tossed, but they had card readers on each one to analyze the data after the fact when they recovered them. There were quite a few that they tossed (looked like easily 50). They recovered two and the data was very strange. The GPS location was not straight down but a very large spiral which no one could understand considering that they watched them go straight down.

Anyone else watch? Cris, was that your product?

The production company purchased a fair number of TX/RX-USB pairs last year, I had to figure out how to set the USB's up with Visual GPS so that multiple screens would display. It can be done if you're extremely diligent about how you plug the USB's in, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had trouble with it. That's why I recommended that they record the data with OpenLog's.

Back