Eggtimer Beepers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micro

Reaction score
Since my old go-to Stratologgers are unobtainium these days, I'm looking at Eggtimer. I'm wondering if anyone who's used any of the Classic, Quark, or Quantum models could give me an idea on how the beeper volume compares to a Stratologger? Is the beeper any different between models or the same? I have located rockets hiding in brush by ear more than once so for a difference of $20 I'd probably prefer whichever is loudest, if any.

Loud enough for me to hear easily on the pad, and differentiate with 4 egg-timer products all beeping at once.

Use a low watt soldering iron and with the SMT devices, get a clear square pyrex baking pan to solder in. If you accidentally “flip” a part it many times will land in the pan. Something that looks like this but obviously I’m using it as a catch-all and not soldering a project currently! The Eggtimer with discrete components is easy enough to build but larger than the other products. Be sure one is adept at running a computer for programming/upgrading and such. Head magnifier and good lighting is a must for the SMT products.
Kurt

Attachments

• D14EFE95-0D62-46DE-A3FB-F5C2D4D608EC.jpeg
    D14EFE95-0D62-46DE-A3FB-F5C2D4D608EC.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 15
Back