I've been updating the readme on github.
Labview app for collecting GPS and telemetry data from eggtimer rocketry devices. Built for a two stage rocket.
Flight Hardware Requirements
* 1 or 2 eggFinder or eggFinder Minis
* 1 eggTimer altimeter compatible with the eggTimer Telemetry Module
* 1 eggTimer Telemetry Module
* 1-3 Receivers, USB dongle receivers, or an LCD Receiver with an HC06 Bluetooth Module added.
* National Instruments VISA driver package - built with V15, but package creator picks V22. Still testing
* National Instruments Labview Runtime Engine - V2015 -32-bit-.
* Both are downloadable from ni.com. You'll need to register. and watch that you pick the year and runtime correctly.
* There is a 'community' license for Labview for non-commercial projects, too.
* The runtime distributables are too big for free Github.
* A Google Maps Static API key. Your own, or a friend's.
* An internet connection for the mapping.
* You'll need to be signed into google in the default browser on your system.
* Install the 32-bit 2015 Labview Runtime Engine.
* Install NI VISA 15. Runtime, at least. Several licenses have to be acknowledged, and expect more than one reboot.
* Unzip the Windows Executable folder into a path like C:\Program Files LABVIEW\eggStation. But it does run from a user document folder, too.
1) power up the eggFinders and flight computer. Let the eggFinders get a fix.
2) plug in the the dongle RXs.
You'll need to set the correct frequency-channel with other tools.
You'll need to pair up the HC06 ahead of time. Mine tends to add extra COM ports in the pairing process.
You can use a program like putty to monitor the data streams while you figure this out. But it has to be closed when running eggStation.
3) start eggstation. I've seen stray, non-fatal errors on launch.
4) (! First !) click 'Settings' and update the COM port selection, and double check the serial settings (9600, 8, N, 1), API key, and default data path.
5) click start on the acquistion channels. They may be stopped and started independently.
6) When the Sustainer GPS channel has data, clicking 'Home' copies that data to the map controls. Home also resets the altimeter display.
7) The map may be manually updated with the controls at the top, and clicking 'Refresh'. If either GPS channel is acquiring, a refresh command is sent with each received packet.
* Exit - leaves the program. Clicking the window 'X' will, too. Enabled when all channels are stopped.
* Settings - opens a dialog to configure COM port, serial port, API key, and various defaults. Disabled if any channel is acquiring/logging.
* Stop/Start Telemetry, Booster, Sustainer - starts and stops acquisition and logging for the ETM and 2 GPS channels.
* Telemetry Log file is CSV format with telemtry data and at-time GPS data in decimal degrees.
* Sustainer and Booster channels log GPS data in .KML files for importing into Google Earth projects.
* A new file is started each time 'Start' is pressed.
* Home - copies the current Sustainer GPS coordinates to the Map controls and refreshes the map. Also clears any Telemetry status indications. Enabled when the Sustainer channel is acquiring.
* Refresh - forces a map refresh. A refresh also happens with every new GPS message received.
* Map controls - across the top of the map. Allows for manual entry of the map center, zoom, and style. The elevation entry box is on the Bearing/Elevation graph tab.
* Graph Tabs - switch among Map, Bearing/Range, Bearing/Elevation views.
* Map - Google static map with markers for Booster and Sustainer locations. Sustainer marker is color coded by flight computer status.
* Bearing/Range - polar plot with compass orientation indicating direction and distance from the Home position. Builds a history/trail. Contains the indicators for bearing, elevation angle, and range in feet. Booster is red, Sustainer is green.
* Bearing/Elevation - polar plot with compass orientation indicating direction and angle from horizon. The angle is the absolute value, so straight up and straight down are both the center of the plot.
V1.1 - 2023/03/27
* added revision history file
* added range/bearing and range/elevation tabs - from the Home position to the current position
* added rearranged so it fits on an 1152x864 monitor