Eggfinder Pictorial build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jus_rockets

Reaction score
Cris has done a great job writing the assembly manual that there is no need for me to do it. This is simply a picture reference on how-to assemble your Eggfinder. One thing you will notice is that I used SMD resistors instead and solder on those first. I also like to mount the RF module first before all the thru-hole components.

COMPONENTS

GPS MODULE

Last edited:
MICROCONTROLLER

VOLTAGE REGULATOR

.1uF CAPACITOR

PUSH BUTTON

GREEN (RDY) LED

RED (PWR) LED

AMBER (1S) LED

10 uF CAPACITORS

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I am using a ECG 20 watt iron with a conical tip. I am going to be buying a Weller soldering station soon with better tips.

Thanks guys! I am using a ECG 20 watt iron with a conical tip. I am going to be buying a Weller soldering station soon with better tips.

I just got a Weller solder station today. It has an adjustable temperature control. I use the smallest conical tip I could get for it. Put together a bunch of kits today and it worked great! So much better then the $12 iron with a worn down tip I was using before :)

Last edited:
I just got a seller solder station today. It has an adjustable temperature control. I use the smallest conical tip I could get for it. Put together a bunch of kits today and it worked great! So much better then the $12 iron with a worn down tip I was using before :)

Good tools make any job a more enjoyable experience.

I plan to order an Eggfinder when the kits become available again. Are you up for the assembly? :)

You can get them from Mouser or Digikey, they are 0805 resistors. I can post the BOM tomorrow if you want.

When I reorder the TX board, I'll add rectangular pads to the resistors and caps to make doing a SMT version a bit easier.

When I reorder the TX board, I'll add rectangular pads to the resistors and caps to make doing a SMT version a bit easier.

^^^ This is what exceptional customer service looks like :)

Check out this soldering station: https://www.parts-express.com/stahl-tools-tcss-temp-controlled-soldering-station-esd-safe--374-200

I have one and it works great. In fact better than my Weller at a much better price!

You can even get the newer one with a digital display: https://www.parts-express.com/stahl-tools-ddss-digital-display-soldering-station--374-300

Latest posts

Back