Edmonds Tinee

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
When I launched my Edmonds Tinee this weekend, I had some 'interesting' flights :

1/4 A: flew up to a total of 4 feet, then fell to the ground. Popped the E charge, no damage. Obviously. 1 /4A is not enough to get this one going.

A10: Did a 270° loop leveled out at about 10 feet off the ground , then popped and did a 50-75' long glide. Nice glide though...

A3 Looped and lawn darted.

The rocket is not painted, just colored with felt pens. There was no damage other than a few dings to the NC.

Does anyone have any experience with this rocket? What is going on?

Mr Edmonds is a member of my local rocketry club. I'll send him an email with the link to this thread, maybe he will be able to provide you with some help or suggestions.

I have the CiCi2 and Ecee, and my son has a Deltie. All have nice straight boosts.

I have no idea what the 1/4A issue is, but from the other two flights it sounds like some incidence angles are wrong. I know Edmonds kits are designed to be nearly fool proof (not suggesting you're a fool, mind you ;) ) such that the incidence angles of his kits assembled per instructions will have the right incidence angles. By any chance did you airfoil any of the lifting surfaces? If so, you may have changed the angle of attack and, therefore, the lift characteristics sufficiently to give you the loop you observe.

OK, first, I have no experience with the kit but...

I would check the following.

Any warped or less than straight surfaces

CG- is it where it's supposed to be? If it's a boost glider, if it glides as advetised, maybe it's the booster.

Also, which way is it looping? Look at the component or components that are "inside" the loop.

Is the motor mount the issue? Check the thrustline.......did I just say that:kill:
:D

Mr Edmonds passes this along:

"The main thing to
ask him is if he can see warps in the wing or the canard."

So it looks as though previous posts are on track in that everything needs to be perfectly straight.

Well, it is hard to tell,but I think that there is a slight warp in the wing. On the other hand, there was a 5-10mph wind which may have helped as well. I guess I will try to build another....

As a kid, I never did biuild any glider recovery rockets....

Originally posted by sandman
No, John...that's the name of your company!

Way too easy! LOL!:D

sandman

(Voice of Homer Simpson) "I just can't get the sub in subliminal"...
Doh!

Originally posted by astronboy
Well, it is hard to tell,but I think that there is a slight warp in the wing. On the other hand, there was a 5-10mph wind which may have helped as well. I guess I will try to build another....

As a kid, I never did biuild any glider recovery rockets....

Try fixing the warp first. Temp, and humidity will always change the dynamics of the wing. Just un-change it:D You can either try breathing on it or holding it over some steam (kettle) and twist back...gently. If you used a water base glue, be VERY careful of the joints.

Back