Edmonds - Tinee

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
I wanted an example of a glider for the rocketry demo given at my church's Vacation Bible School. My choices were the Styrofoam version of the Zoomie which has never performed well or the Tinee which was at least fun to watch. I chose the Tinee. Its original build thread is on the archive here: https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=48070

Since space was at a premium, I went with the smallest recommended motor, the 1/4A3-3. It took off fine for all of about 15 feet then spit the motor. The Tinee crashed back to the ground. It got lots of laughs but did nothing else to demonstrate glides.

As best I can figure, I accidentally loaded one of those extremely rare 1/4A3-0s.

Tinee---F1a.jpg

Tinee---F1b.jpg

Tinee---F1c.jpg

The Tinee got another try today, this time with an A3-4. It was loaded and taken to the pad where everyone pointed out to me what kind of luck I usually have with gliders.

TIN-f1a.jpg

TIN-f1b.jpg

It took off and went squirrelly going in most direction except for down or very much of "up".

TIN-f1c.jpg

TIN-f1d.jpg

When it spit the motor, though, it actually glided fairly well. It just didn't have much vertical room in which to work.

TIN-f1e.jpg

It was recovered, as usual, with no harm to anything except my ego.

TIN-f1f.jpg

Back