Edmonds ARCIE Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFWalby

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Found 2 old Edmonds gliders in an unlabeled box yesterday. One is an IVIE and the other I'm pretty sure is an ARCIE. The ARCIE is missing it's instruction booklet. Does anyone have one they could scan and share with me? Greatly appreciated,Thanks
William

The reviews in Shockie's post #3 are intriguing. I could not get the balance point correctly no matter how far forward I put the batteries. There are several threads on TRF for this model. I have posted on some them. If you are like me, it might be awhile before you build this model. Let us know when you fly it and your experience. I finally threw my original model away, and, lo and behold, I inherited the model again from an estate. This second model was probably assembled better than mine. It flew last May at a club NAR section meet. It was really fun on an E12-4 with a clear blue sky and no wind. Went up straight and high with lots of fire, noise, and smoke. I was getting a decent glide and then the wing broke just before touching down for a DQ flight. Luckily, the detachment was easy to fix and it is ready to fly again. There is a lot of sanding on the wing and the wing flap joint is tricky. Flies great on an E12 with a clear blue sky. I would be glad to try it again.

Back