Editing posts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticalRockets

Reaction score
Now the mods are editing posts?

That's just a little bit too much. It wasn't that bad, and it passed the high school test. At least the high school I went to.

Geesh, what's next? Demerits coming back?

:mad:

Moderators have always done what is needed--whether that be edit, delete, lock threads--in order to maintain the standards as outlined in the terms of service. It may not have seemed that bad to you but it was offensive to some, which was the reason for the edit.

Moderators have always done what is needed--whether that be edit, delete, lock threads--in order to maintain the standards as outlined in the terms of service. It may not have seemed that bad to you but it was offensive to some, which was the reason for the edit.

Is the edit noted, though, so one can see that it has been edited? Not just the line below saying that the note was edited at such-and-such time, but something descriptive added like "{expletive deleted}" or some such?

The post offended me, and I reported it.

If I ever post anything that offends someone, I won't be happy if my post is reported, but I'll understand why and won't complain about it.

I do like Roy's idea of somehow indicating that a post has been edited, because as it is now, the original post just looks like he stopped in the middle of a sentence.

Last edited:
Is the edit noted, though, so one can see that it has been edited? Not just the line below saying that the note was edited at such-and-such time, but something descriptive added like "{expletive deleted}" or some such?

Yeah, I edited the post..There IS a line at the bottom stating who and when and why it was edited..I edited it for an inappropriate reference which was found to be offensive to a fellow surfer and myself..

The post offended me, and I reported it.

If I ever post anything that offends someone, I won't be happy if my post is reported, but I'll understand why and won't complain about it.

I do like Roy's idea of somehow indicating that a post has been edited, because as it is now, the original post just looks like he stopped in the middle of a sentence.

Well, JR, I think you need to stop being offended so easily. because if THAT offended you, you have a serious problem.

Well, JR, I think you need to stop being offended so easily. because if THAT offended you, you have a serious problem.

This community is made up of a wide variety of members. We aren't going to allow you or anyone to bash others on these boards for their personal standards.

I'm locking this thread. If you have any other concerns about this, please take it up via private messaging with Troj (Kevin).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back