• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Economics forcing me to sell

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelltym88

Reaction score
Hi all. I usually get yelled at for not going here first before ebay, so I'll give you all first crack. Yes, my economic situation is not good at present. In fact, it's been a very difficult last couple of years. I've been trying to hold off as long as I could, but I cannot. I have to sell some of my rocketry items because I need money. I will post a few pics, some will be self explanatory, others you may want more angles. Just email or pm me. Here's a list:

Motor casings and container-
38/120
38/240
38/480
38/600
38/720
38mm Forward and Rear closures and 2 seal discs
(No 38/360)

29/240 with Rear closure only
29mm seal disc

54/852
54/1706
54mm Front and Rear closure
54mm Plugged closure

All are Dr. Rocket except the 38/600 and the 54/1706, they are AT. I have used all but the 54/1706. Yes they are all used, but they are in excellent working condition. A few scratches, that's about it.

My Level 2 rocket, my 4x Argosy. Comes with a 40" X-Form 'chute. It has flown on an AT J420R, I600R, and CTI I285. No damage, could be flown today. 38mm, no ebay.

My Inteceptor G. I built this before I knew of the MMT problem/issues. I have corrected this, as well as rebuilt some of the fins, added motor retention. It's been thru heck, not the greatest finish, but is flyable. It has flown on many motors from a G64 to an H165R. I am including the original box with the instructions and all the little plastic pieces. 29 mm

My PML Matrix, except it is about a foot shorter. Still flies great, in fact it ripped on an AT I225FJ at LDRS. Has a little damage to one fin, but all in all is ready to fly. Not the greatest finish job, after all it sat in my garage for about 3 years, and I hurried and finished it after some punks stole my other rockets.
38mm

Assorted Estes kits:
Canadian Arrow
Firehawk
Starhawk
Firecat
National Aerospace Plane
SWAT
ARV Condor
Crusader Swing Wing
Fat Boy
2 Original Mosquitos (Yellow Hang-tag)
Hawkeye

I think that's it. Here are a few pics:

manta bomber 006.jpg

manta bomber 011.jpg

manta bomber 027.jpg

manta bomber 016.jpg

manta bomber 002.jpg

I'm really sorry to hear that :( I hope all works out well :)

Are you going to list prices or should we just PM you?

Oh wow. Real sorry to hear this man. All of what you're selling is easily replaceable. Don't get your feelings too bent out of shape. Promise yourself you'll give it another go once your situation improves. You're a better man than most to realize your situation and do something about it. Best of luck on the sale. You're a standup guy and I hope you don't get lowballed.

Bump for a great TRFer and rocketeer.

OK Lots of interest in the casings, which is understandable. I would prefer to keep them all together. It is much easier that way. If anyone is interested in the whole set, let me know. I guess no interest in the built rockets, so I'll list those on ebay. As for the kits, fair market value I guess would be OK. Buyer to pay actuall shipping. I'll try to come up with some prices. Thanx for your support and kind words.

Tim

PS-- There is a 29/40-120 hobby line casing as well.

PSS-- I'm not leaving the hobby totally, I still have my smaller stuff. My youngest enjoys that. These items will do better for cash flow. Thanx again.

How much for the interceptor G bird?

PM Sent...

Johnnie

54mm 1706 casing is what I am interested in.
Pm me what you want for it , thanks Brian

I want the Argosy. And I promise to never fly it and sell it back to you at the agreed sale price in the future if you want.

You are probably getting bombarded with PM's, which is probably why mine has gone unanswered, but seriously...I have a genuine interest in the interceptor G.

Johnnie

Sorry for not getting back to you guys, I've suddenly gotten really busy. Please be patient. Thanx for all inquiries.

I would be interested in the National Aerospace Plane and Fat Boy :)

Off to send a PM, if your mail box isn't full...lol..

Ok here are some prices:

Assorted Estes kits:
Canadian Arrow $20
Firehawk $18
Starhawk $20
Firecat $20
National Aerospace Plane $20
SWAT $25
ARV Condor $18
Crusader Swing Wing $25
Fat Boy $10
2 Original Mosquitos (Yellow Hang-tag) $5 each
Hawkeye $12

Set of casings $500

Argosy $200
Interceptor G $40
Matrix $35
All prices DO NOT INCLUDE shipping

I have responded back to those who PM'd me, if I missed you, please get back to me. Once again thanx for your interest.

PS-- Someone asked about the casing box, I built it myself at work.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the casings. I priced the pieces individually and came up with a value of $677. The storage box is custom built and could easily fetch $25 or more. I am asking for $500 for EVERYTHING. I am trying to keep them together to ease this process, I'm not trying to take anyone to the cleaners. I understand if those who were interested cannot afford it. I wanted to make that clear, as some have questioned my prices. I'm not stupid, I wouldn't ask double for something that is used. I have taken into account that they are used and have tried to price them accordingly. No one has made any offers, only asked for prices. I'm not mad, it just seems there is some mis-understanding and I wanted to clear that up.

Just a quick update: I haven't sold anything yet. things seem to be getting better as of this moment, so no urgency. I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to just go ahead and sell them, I want to hang on to them(the casings I mean). If/when I may need to let them go, I will notify those who first expressed interest. Thanx,

Tim

Just a quick update: I haven't sold anything yet. things seem to be getting better as of this moment, so no urgency. I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to just go ahead and sell them, I want to hang on to them(the casings I mean). If/when I may need to let them go, I will notify those who first expressed interest. Thanx,

Tim

OHHHH, Yer Killin' Me Here!!!

'ssOK.
I understand completely.
I haven't been SCUBA diving in like 7 years but there is NO WAY I'm about to sell off my equipment.

I haven't been SCUBA diving in like 7 years but there is NO WAY I'm about to sell off my equipment.

They got LAKES in Iowa? Or is it like the flat part of Ohio (the western half) where we just SCUBA in abandoned quarrys?

Latest posts

Back