Ebay madness

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Marc_G

Reaction score
Free four day shipping. I'm certain they have proper permits etc... (Sarcasm)

The shipper should read our innumeracy thread. Four day shipping doesn't equate to delivery on as late as the 18th...

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sheesh,
Like the disclaimer says not to fly them. Any old BP motor is not to be trusted (unless stored ideally). I still have a fair batch of Estes 1960's motors pre-metric, english designation out in the garage. Over the years they were stored in less than ideal conditions and are just of sentimental value to me.
Kurt

hball55

Reaction score
I loved the Disclaimer
Yes, at least he said they should be bought as collectibles for display only, lol.

The “brand new” designation is definitely misleading . . . he should have just said ”unopened.”

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
The incorrect prime number sequence is what makes it a collectible and justifies the $3,650 price! It is just like the inverted Jenny stamps.

boomtube-mk2

Reaction score
If you think it is bad with model rockets, you should check out some of the price-insanity going on with model trains on e-bay.

I have been told that there is more than meets the eye with some of these wacky prices on insignificant items.

Person X buys three old rocket motors for $3650.00, makes the perfectly legal and upfront payment, via PayPal or CCD. The payment however is actually for something completely different and utterly illegal.

Or. Person Y puts the add in and then then gets his friend to buy the item with money person Y has given him.

Y can now claim $3650.00 as having been legally acquired when in fact is wasn't.
It's a way to launder money on a small scale.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
and there was a notion that the price is hiked to 'hold' the listing. Rather than list it, then remove it, then list it again.

jqavins

Helpful Smartass
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding the first one:
1620336409266.png

On the second, it's kit #0891, and 891 isn't prime either! (34∙11)

hball55

Reaction score
There’s also a listing for an Estes rocket display stand (18mm), with the price competitive with existing listings online, and he lists the part number for the 3-pack, but when I asked him was this for one or a pack of three, he said just one. So, people not paying attention will be paying the 3-pack price for just one display stand.