ebay help, please

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powderburner

Reaction score
I fully realize that TRF is not in the business of providing ebay customer support, but I am not getting any help from ebay and I am will to accept help anywhere I can find it.
If any of you guys have successfully listed items for sale on ebay I would appreciate any advice you could give. I cannot get past the webpage for credit card info and the idiots at ebay cannot seem to understand this. If you can help, please email to: [email protected]
And thanks ahead of time for your help

I think if you get a Paypal account it's easier, since Ebay owns Paypal.

It might be a way for them to get you to join Paypal.

:confused:

sandman

I agree with Sandman - I've had very good luck thus far with PayPal, both as a buyer and as a seller. Pretty easy to set up.

Jack

I third that suggestion. PayPal is great. I almost believe it is necessary when dealing with eBay.

I don't want to 'do' paypal because of previous experience. I had $30+ disappear from my paypal account, and ebay basically said it was just too bad, and they were not going to do anything to look into it. So I really don't want to go back into that mess-----fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
And besides, ebay claims that you don't have to use paypal or credit cards.

Yep, you can still go the old money order/cashier's check route. That being said, I do use Paypal both for paying and receiving payment. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes it takes awhile for them to transfer the funds into my bank account.

Yep, sounds like a Paypal & Ebay conspiracy. ;)

One of those situations where, Oh, you don't "have" to use Paypal.

but if you don't, who knows what happens?

I use the paypal too.

Not fully understanding the question, it seems like signing up for Ebay seems to be the problem. If you are having a problem with the Credit Card page, check to make sure that you are following the directions by the letter. That also, you give them the 3 digit authorization code on the back f your credit card if they request it. Oh yea, and make sure "Num Lock" is off!
You can not, to the best of my knowledge, sign up for Ebay without a credit card. That does not mean you have to USE a credit card to buy things from auctions, but it does make it easier.
That's what PayPal is for. I think enough people have touched upon that subject.
Also make sure that if you have a Master Card, Visa whatever, that you specify that on the page. All info reg blocks are i fact that. If you don't give them ALL the info they require, they will not process the account.

flying, yes you can sign up with ebay without a credit card, I am an ebay and paypal member and I dont have a single credit or debit card to my name, we dont need no steenking plastic.:)

Originally posted by LarryH
flying, yes you can sign up with ebay without a credit card, I am an ebay and paypal member and I dont have a single credit or debit card to my name, we dont need no steenking plastic.:)

Okay, if you sell something...how do they bill you?

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Okay, if you sell something...how do they bill you?

In order to not have to file a credit card, you have to have ID verification, which costs about 5 dollars. Then, eBay will send you an invoice, which is to be paid within a certain time frame. I have mine automatically pulled from my checking account, which still required the ID verification to be done.

Be sure you enter the CC information EXACTLY as it appears on your statement.

I had trouble setting up the Ebay account for Squirrel Works. I kept getting stuck at the CC page. My problem was that when I entered the billing address I spelled out the word 'street'. On my CC statement, 'St.' is used.
Since they didn't match exactly, I couldn't get past that stage.

Back