Ebay Fraud>beware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It always bodes well when they answer each instance of bad feedback with something like "NUH-UH! THIS PERSON IS A LIAR! I SENT TONS OF E-MAILS! HORRIBLE BUYER! SELLERS BEWARE!" I tend to not trust anyone that gets personal like that right off the bat, but I've always suspected that it's an inbred thing. If I was selling something and someone wasn't satisfied, I'd try to find a way to fix things, not start name calling.

I agree. I have had a few shipping problems in the last year, but I have always been able to sort them out. Once in a great while (mostly when working really late) I mis-pack an order, but if I go the extra mile, sometimes I can leave the customer happier than they were in the first place!

I just can't see getting that much negative feedback, from so many diff folks, in such a short period of time.

It appears one of his victims has the ebay username of "narprez". Looks like Bunny got burned.

Originally posted by illini868891
It appears one of his victims has the ebay username of "narprez". Looks like Bunny got burned.

Happy to see folks are tracking the NAR President's eBay habits. ;-)

Originally posted by narprez
Happy to see folks are tracking the NAR President's eBay habits. ;-)

Didn't know that was you! BTW, welcome to the forum. Care to shed any light on you experience?

I looked a few of the other things this charachter sells. A guide to toilet train your cat. Professional-written letters to send to retail companies in order to receive gift cards from Circuit City and other retail stores. Smoke bomb plans. Hmmm, a modern-day "snake oil salesman"?

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Didn't know that was you! BTW, welcome to the forum. Care to shed any light on you experience?

I occasionally read amateur rocket motor stuff, just to get a better understanding of this aspect of the hobby. In this particular auction, I got a 2.5 page word document outlining how to hand tamp black powder motors. I think it's some high school kid branching out from his chemistry class.

How to houstrain your CAT!? How stupid is taht... how hard is it to houstrain a cat? We just put a litter box down, showed it too our two new kittens (4 or 5 years ago, that is), and that was that! They havent had an accident since! What next???

Yet another problem with ebay people selling bogus rocket stuff? First CDs copied from JimZs site, then ripping off the president of NAR... When will it stop????!!!!:eek: ;)

Thats a pretty low-down way to make 5 bucks... Im not buyin from him, thats for sure! If you want cheaper rocket motors, take a ride over to wall-mart! They have 3 packs of standard motors (A-C, all for the same price) and 4 packs of mini-motors for $4 a pak! I dont know how you can go lower than that... And where do you get tubing thick enough for motors, and the right diameter for motors, anyway?:confused:

Sounds like this guy doesent get the nicest feeback, and is certainly not the nicest replier...:eek: :kill:

"I did TOO!! That persons a big nasty lier!" That alone would turn me off!:kill:

Wow... I just clicked on the "read buyers feeback" button next to Narprez's name, and it said "1 negative comment" Im thinking "what could this be???"

"Sellers beware! this buyer is rude and ruthless!!!" WHAT!? oh... Whaddaya know it? Who wrote taht? You guessed it! "nestlund"! The very same guy that we were just discussing!:kill: First ripping of a few dozen people, then insulting the president of NAR?? This guy aint nice!:( :kill: :eek:

Originally posted by Neil
Wow... I just clicked on the "read buyers feeback" button next to Narprez's name, and it said "1 negative comment" Im thinking "what could this be???"

"Sellers beware! this buyer is rude and ruthless!!!" WHAT!? oh... Whaddaya know it? Who wrote taht? You guessed it! "nestlund"! The very same guy that we were just discussing!:kill: First ripping of a few dozen people, then insulting the president of NAR?? This guy aint nice!:( :kill: :eek:

I know I should just keep my nose out of things, but when someone attacks one of our own in any forum it jerks a knot in my chain. I dropped nestlund a little friendly advice.

I know you think, “Ah who cares what I say about someone”…BUT… you just slammed the president of the National Association of Rocketry. I do not know how much revenue you get from rocketry items but I would find a way to retract your negative review of him as a buyer. A lot of people know him and his character, your name is spreading through rocketry like the plague, and he wasn’t the one who brought it up, another member that you failed to deliver items as agreed brought it up, and narprez was recognized in your feedback profile. No skin off my knuckles buddy; but you never know whom you are dealing with and sometimes you can shoot your self in the foot.

So Mark, I apoligize in advance for butting in, but i couldn't help myself.

Well

I thought I'd pitch in my 2 bits...

Mark Bundick, welcome aboard TRF (That is unless you went by another name)

Al

Welcome to the Forum!

So what does the thing he sent actually say, anyway? Pour BP into a tube, stick a match under it and run away (fast!)?:D ;)

I still dont see how you can squeze how you make EX motors into 2 and a half pages....:eek: :confused: Sounds dangerous...

WOW! Here I am in the same thread as the NAR prez! The last brush with celebrity I had that rivaled this was when I was 13 and saw Davey Concepcion, then the Red's shortstop, picking his nose as he sat at a red light in downtown Cincy. I yelled and waved, and Davey waved right back. (Fortunately with his left hand. His right hand was busy, and remained so.)

Originally posted by Fishhead
WOW! Here I am in the same thread as the NAR prez! The last brush with celebrity

Celebrity?? Look, I'm just a volunteer whose hobby got a little out of control. . . ;-)

Celebrity?? Look, I'm just a volunteer whose hobby got a little out of control. . . ;-)

..."a *little* out of control."....

Bunny, you've got *politician* written ALL over you if you're able to say *that* with a straight face! :p

Welcome, Bunny.

Now can we get Vern and Lee to join?

:D

sandman

Should I have said "brush with greatness"? ;-) I'm open to suggestion.
Seriously, how do you have time for the hobby aspect of rocketry anymore? Seems like running this organization would take a fair amount of free time. Great job, BTW.

Latest posts

Back