Ebay Emergency!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Someone in the last 5 hours has posted 4 auctions on my EBAY Account.
All of them are $900 items and all expire within 24 hours. Does anyone have a phone number for Ebay? I need to call them ASAP!

If they are on your account, can't you just cancel the auctions yourself in the meantime? Or did the hackers change your password??

Lamar

Wow
I see that you are no longer a registered member
This sucks

Your Ebay store just closed as I was looking at it. Hope it was Ebay taking care of the problem.

Lamar

Some one has closed the store...and it wasn't me. trying to secure my PayPal account now....very tense.

You had one of the greater feedback ratings on ebay. I hope you can recover at least that. This is really shocking.

PayPal was secure. Changed everything there just in case. Working on the store as we speak. No phone number makes it tough...going through live chat through dial up is like watching grass grow.

I just got an email stating that an auction with flying_silverad "was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account suspension of the seller. All results for this auction are null and void. "

This is an auction that I won over a week ago. I paid for it and have received the product.

I sure hope everything gets cleared up real quick and that your Paypal account is safe.

I received a similar email concerning a Pumpkin Head I bought Sept 30 and received a long time ago. Hope you have success clearing things up!

I can't imagine who would do such a thing. :mad:

hopefully the store is still there , it looks like they just put up a default(store closed) page in the meantime. there must be some real slimey people roaming ebay.

Originally posted by SpaceGarbageMan
I received a similar email concerning a Pumpkin Head I bought Sept 30 and received a long time ago. Hope you have success clearing things up!

I can't imagine who would do such a thing. :mad:

Still trying to get through...can't make any head way. Ebay Live help not real responsive. I may be here all night. Everything seems to have vanished.

John

I PMed you a toll free number for PayPal I hope this will help you out. Starnge all the stuff I have bought from you throuhout the last 2 years has all popped up as null and void. I think Ebay has gone off the deep end.

If there is anything I can do to help you out let me know.

Mike

Oh, this sux:mad:
Did the four false auctions get canceled too?? Is/was your ebay ID Flying_silverado with the underscore?? If so there are no items in your name

Originally posted by SwingWing
Oh, this sux:mad:
Did the four false auctions get canceled too?? Is/was your ebay ID Flying_silverado with the underscore?? If so there are no items in your name

Yep...everything is gone. The four phoney auctions were all $900 items! I had people contacting me asking questions about them. Someone must have listed them about 5 hours ago because before I took the dog out, (around 4EST) they were not there.

Oh, I see now. Flying_silverado, feedback 814, 100% positive, but no longer a registered user....:(
At least it seems no one is posting false auctions anymore.

I also got a e-mail from ebay about a item I received a couple months ago. I was wondering what was going on. Please let me know if there is anyway I can help you

I remember now I had recieved an e-mail from someone I had bought an item from several months before.I e-mailed him telling him that i had already done this deal months ago.He said he was hacked and that the messages where phoney.He also said it had happened before. :mad:

Good luck!
I was just at your Ebay store about at 6 or 7pm here (est)

Somebody is really slimey:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is one of the greatest faults of eBay. For all the money they make, their service is flat out HORRIBLE :( I wish you the best of luck in dealing with them, I am sure everything will work out, it just may take a while.

I also got an e-mail saying that my auction I won a long time ago was ended early due to suspension of the seller.

:(

Edward

Yikes....that's crazy!

I found this <a href="https://auctionknowhow.com/resource/ebay-phone-number.shtml">link</a> w/ 1-800 numbers. Apparently, their phone numbers are for "power sellers." :rolleyes: There are 2 numbers listed there.

Well, at least you know that you have a loyal customer base here in TRF. Hopefully you'll get a resolution as to what actually happened. If you find out, please post back your results so that we might be a bit more educated on the shortcomings of eBay.

Best of luck.

EDIT: I just reread the info on the link I provided above. This sucks - "When/if you use the eBay phone number, you will discover that the best you can do is leave a message. No one answers these phones. So, will they call you back? A loud and affirmative 'Maybe'!"

Found some more numbers via Google. According to some sites eBay disconnects numbers regularly due to abuse.

Anyhow, you might want to try these:

Ebay Phone Numbers:

(408) 558-7400
(408) 558-7401
1-800-322-9266
1-888-749-3229
1-408-376-6554 FAX

I did a Google search for that first number "(408) 558-7400" and it turned up many results. If these numbers are online then I imagine they've been disconnected.

Once again, best of luck to you getting in touch with a live person.

UPDATE---Ebay is telling me that someone has hacked into my account and tried selling items using my name. They are working on it as I write this....more details to follow...

Some people put more energy into screwing around with other people's hard work instead of doing something worthwhile themselves. Sad.

Well it's about midnight here I after several intense hours of online support and cell phone work, my account has been re-established, but the store has to be re-built from scratch. No big deal, just the sort of thing that will help me make it BETTER.

Idon't know whether some of you will get an e-mail as such, but just a heads up, !THRUSTLINE IS HERE TO STAY!!

Someone hacked into my account and tried to sell 4 car navigation systems. They listed them for 24hrs and really did a bad job because whenever someone wanted to ask a question about the item, the e-mail came to me. As soon as Ebay picked up on the email address conflict, they shut everything down. What Ebay wouldn't tell me, was whether or not This was their fault. No answer to me, means it was.

Thanks for all the support guys (and gals) It's been one of the worst nights that I can remember. TOmorrow, when things calm down a bit, I'll let you know where to go if something like this ever happens to you

John

Im glad you will be up and running again. If theres any help I can give you drop me a line. I spoke to my "IN" at PayPal she tells me that if you manage to get a "Human" on the phone you will probably get someone who has no clue to help you, and you will end up getting transfered to several reps before they can work on your problem. she tells me its the old shuffle. Usually people will get tired of explaining there situation over and over and will hang up in frustration.

Originally posted by flying_silverad
UPDATE---Ebay is telling me that someone has hacked into my account and tried selling items using my name. They are working on it as I write this....more details to follow...

Start your rebuilding by making sure your PC has not been compromised. According to this study, https://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2004-10-25-internet-security_x.htm, home PCs not as protected as owners think.

Your computer may have had spyware forwarding your password to the crook.

Bill

Back