Ebay Delema

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have won a Cheroke III on Ebay. Unfortunately I don't have a bank account or credit card. And the seller is not responding to emails.

I am hoping that one of my friends here can finish the process of payment for me, and I will mail cash whom does, plus fees.

I hate to get a bad thingy on ebay for something I can pay for, buy cant use ebay's methods of payments.

I've done many purchases this way and if you look at the responses from sellers they are excellent.

This perticular person I think doesn't montor his auctions and lets ebay do it for them, resulting in non payment from me.

I can of coarse leave negative feedback that they do not respond to communications, but I am at default because I can't pay through PayPal.

There are people here on the forum that knows that I pay as I say, sending cash or money orders, taking the total risk of being screwed over.

And I am willing to take that risk to not fund the bastards that caused my demise in life. Meaning Banks, Big Business, WELLS FARGO!

If any of you that know me would finsh the purchase I will send you cash or money order, you choice, plus a fee for helping me out here.

I will not tender to Ebay's rules where they profit from both seller and buyer. That is just WRONG!

Seller would not answer questions prior to bids, which I took that by paying by cash or money order was fine. Still, No response from seller.

I set up my account with a store debit card and never have "linked to a bank". I used a MoneyTree Visa card with no problems. The account is now linked to m SSI direct deposit debit card. Still no problems.

I am hoping that one of my friends here can finish the process of payment for me, and I will mail cash whom does, plus fees....

Take your cash to the local Dollar General store, or to Vic's Supermarket.

Use the in-store "MoneyGram" service to send your cash directly to the sellers Paypal account.

You don't need a credit card or a bank account, just enough cash to pay the seller plus the MoneyGram fee.

More info here >>> https://global.moneygram.com/paypal

Take your cash to the local Dollar General store, or to Vic's Supermarket.

Use the in-store "MoneyGram" service to send your cash directly to the sellers Paypal account.

You don't need a credit card or a bank account, just enough cash to pay the seller plus the MoneyGram fee.

More info here >>> https://global.moneygram.com/paypal

Now that's pretty cool. Didn't know about that. Locally Fred Meyer's has MoneyGram I believe, I'm sure the same service would be available there.

Nice to know.

Did the seller say they accept paypal only? If so, the error is on you and the negative feedback will be removed by eBay.

Ebay is what ebay is, if you don't agree with the terms you shouldn't use it. Winning an item and having no way to pay for it? That's not cool.

That is what I tried to say. If you buy on ebay, it is your job to meet the purchase requirements.

I asked the seller, never heard back from him. Took it as it was ok.
I've sent him emails, all not answered.
I don't think he pay attention to his ebay.
Let him give me negitive.
Paying is paying, rather cash or other methods.
I won't use paypal, I won't use banks and I most certainly will not use credit cards.
I'm off the grid money wise and wish to keep it that way.
Thanks for the replys anyways.

OK, sure, I get it. You're a cash only kinda guy. -That's simple enough.
What you are really asking is if one of us could complete payment of your auction after you mail us the cash.

I have a feeling that won't work either.

Yes, I could pay the seller via my PayPal account. And yes I can include instructions to send the item to your address.

From the sellers point of view, that looks like fraud. Since the seller can't verify your address via PayPal, he is under no obligation to take MY money, or follow MY instructions.

I know a bit about this, I've been an Ebay buyer/seller since 1997. Things really work best when you understand how things work, and play by the rules.

Bottom line is - you need to work out any special payment needs BEFORE you bid on the item.

I'm really sorry, but the way you think it should work, and reality might be two different things. -Sorry.

The systems that eBay has put into place are effective at assuring both Buyer and Seller protection and to promote a low-friction, low-fraud trade venue. Compare this to Craig's List, iBid and Alibaba and you appreciate what they have accomplished. But that benefit comes with a price, i.e., loss of some anonymity. If you can't justify that cost-benefit tradeoff then best to not even log on and tempt yourself.

The work around is if it get re listed have a local friend with eBay and PayPal account bid and buy , then you pay the friend

Woody,

One other option, or perhaps a clarification on something mentioned above, is to buy a prepaid mastercard or visa. You don't need an account, and usually they are fee-free... you can pay with cash at a grocery store and walk out with the card in hand, ready to use. Then, when checking out via paypal, again you don't need a PayPal account, you can just check out using the credit card.

Now, there are cases where this won't work. For example, I use Swappa.com to buy and sell used cell phones. I won't ship to someone who doesn't have a "PayPal confirmed address." This is listed in the terms of sale. It's a "buyer and seller-protection" thing. But for most eBay sales, a prepaid credit card will work fine.

Best wishes and I hope it works out for you.

Marc

Back