Ebay Book...?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on these books. It seems like chapters were removed from a larger volume and sold as copies.
Anyone have any experience with the book or the seller?

I have talked with RSI before and I believe that they are scanned copies of declassified materials. And yes they do sell once section at a time rather than the whole book. If you go to ROL they are always in the auctions section.

Edward

Finally, something I know a "little" about. *sigh*

Dieter K. Huzel and David H. Huang wrote "Design of Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines" in the early 70's. It was written as a complete text, but Nasa published it in 11 smaller parts.

So, technically your correct that the seller has split them up - to their original form - however that also means you'd have to buy all 11 parts to get the complete text. Which personally I find to be a bit rediculous.

So, what to do ?

I have found an Ebay seller whom has the exact same book - complete on CD, but the catch is he's in brazil and only takes Paypal.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3596798808&category=11437

He has another CD up for bid as well, all on engine design.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11437&item=3597323072

As you look at these two auctions, note that the 1st CD has the Design of Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines as 392 pages and the 2nd at 460.

I'd dearly love to have a copy of these books, so my thinking is, if someone who is interested in the books would order these 2 cds from him, I'd be more than willing to pay for a burned copy + S&H.

Hopefully the staff here at TRF won't look down on this as a bad thing - if so, please remove this thread and accept my apologies for making this a public proposal.

John

Volume 3: Design of Turbopump Propellant-Feed Systems

I realize you are trying to push the envelope, but isn't this a bit much for your L1 project?;)

Al

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
John

Volume 3: Design of Turbopump Propellant-Feed Systems

I realize you are trying to push the envelope, but isn't this a bit much for your L1 project?;)

Al

True...but if I'm going to the moon, I have to start somehwere!:D

Back