EAT - Interstellar Probe Plan Pak - Released

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMRR

Reaction score
Just to let you know that Essence Aerospace Technologies (EAT) has released the 18mm Interstellar Probe Plan Pak for your please.

Enjoy.

Nick
ip_animated.gif

Is it just me or does that look like it's a very "draggy" model? I mean, c'mon, it's got the huge fins of the Praetor AND an enormous funnel aeroshroud? It's gonna need a long launch rod and a good kick to get it up and stable!

Might be interesting to fly, but I'd want to get some good power under it.

WW

Originally posted by wwattles
Is it just me or does that look like it's a very "draggy" model? I mean, c'mon, it's got the huge fins of the Praetor AND an enormous funnel aeroshroud? It's gonna need a long launch rod and a good kick to get it up and stable!

Might be interesting to fly, but I'd want to get some good power under it.

WW

Yep, supposed to be "draggy". It works, give it a try. A B6-0 for the booster will be fine. Read the review on EMRR.

Nick

I think this would look cool with the fins decalled up as solar panels.

I was one of the lucky ones to order to order the full kit from EAT when it was still available.

I just finished building it and it has been one of the most fun models I've put together and probably the most unusual looking one I have as well. The instructions are among the best I've seen -- very, very detailed with great color photos. Based on this, I'd highly recommend the plan pak.

I'll be flying it for the first time at this weekend's CMASS launch. If the rain stops before then, I may even get a chance to paint it!

-- Jim

Originally posted by jcsalem
The instructions are among the best I've seen -- very, very detailed with great color photos. Based on this, I'd highly recommend the plan pak.

I'll be flying it for the first time at this weekend's CMASS launch. If the rain stops before then, I may even get a chance to paint it!

-- Jim

Not, the best?! Back to the drawing board.

Why the Plan Pak? You get the instructions, templates AND the decals (not numbered like the kits though).

Send me the flight photos.... or post them here. Very cool!

Thanks for the nice comments.

Nick

Back