EasyMini mount orientation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Banzai88

Lvl 1,Wallet....Destroyed
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
First time EasyMini user here. Does it get mounted beeper up or beeper down, or does it matter?

I couldn't find any specifics in the manual and the mount drill template shows an arrow, but has no positive reference.

Funkworks

Low Earth Orbit, obstructing Earth's view of Venus
Reaction score
Apogee's instructions for assembling their 2.64in Ebay shows this:
EasyMini.png

GlueckAuf

Reaction score
I couldn't find a definitive statement in the manual, either. But on page 17, it seems to imply that the EasyMini's lack of an accelerometer renders the orientation moot. A barometer, which is the sole sensor the EasyMini uses, doesn't care which way it's pointed. So whatever orientation works best for your sled layout should work fine.

1633909078253.png

Banzai88

Lvl 1,Wallet....Destroyed
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't find a definitive statement in the manual, either. But on page 17, it seems to imply that the EasyMini's lack of an accelerometer renders the orientation moot. A barometer, which is the sole sensor the EasyMini uses, doesn't care which way it's pointed. So whatever orientation works best for your sled layout should work fine.

View attachment 485105
That's what I figured. Sounds like you've approached it with the same logic that I did.

JackC

Reaction score

View attachment 485105
This is true. I also confirmed this with the manufacturer.

Jack

Voyager1

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I use several EasyMinis across my rockets. You are better off mounting them with the beeper facing up (out) due to the low level output from them. However, YMMV.