Easter Weekend Plans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippen

Reaction score
I was up early this morning getting a start on a big batch of hot cross buns, as I do every year on Good Friday. We just finished putting a good dent in them, too! Later on we'll color eggs (do you ever get too old for that?) and I still need to wash up the pots from our experimenting with natural egg dyes --aka science class--yesterday.

It's not my year to host the family meal so we have a laid back weekend planned. We have unusually warm, sunny weather--a wonderful change from the cold/rain/snow we usually have. Sunday morning is church and then we're off to an extended family dinner, which is always ham.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate, and Happy Spring to all!

Any special plans in the works?

It seems quite windy where I am, and I hope it will stay that way: Perfect weather for playing with parachutes. :D

This weekend will be like most others; I'll be doing my best to avoid the Honey-Do list.

Below the radar is my plan.

Actually, besides family and food I'd like to paint some rockets.
The weather will be good for it.

Wm.

We have a club launch on Saturday, An Easter ham dinner planned on Sunday afternoon. My ten year old son is going to cook the meal. Drive up early Monday A.M. (1:00A.M.)to watch the Space Shuttle launch.
Kinda busy but fun busy.

Last edited:
My daughter and grandaughter are on the way!

Were have traditional Chinese take-out for dinner.:D

There was supposed to be the first TIR launch of the year tomorrow. But snow is not rocket friendly as we all know.

So I guess I'll work on finishing OSD, still got some filling to do on the FG wrap.

Watch my dad build his strong arm.

Then sunday head over to grandmas for a turkey dinner and my Mom's delicious deviled eggs. :D

Easter falls very close to my daughter's third birthday, so the weekend will be taken up with playing with her new doll, getting her to ride her bike and most probably trying to pry her off the DS lite she's getting as well (which might mean i can have mine back off her)

I'll be doing my taxes. I will not elaborate further. :mad:

CMASS will be hosting our last day for TARC qualifications and I'll be manning one of the stopwatches. It will be about 30 deg F warmer this weekend compared to last weekend. I just hope the students have better results this week; there is definitely a higher degree of challenge this year.

Sunday will be a road trip to coastal Connecticut for Easter dinner with relatives down there. Unfortunately, no opportunity to get over to Louie's or Pepe's in New Haven while I'm in the neighborhood.

Everyone, enjoy!

Just an update, my Dad's basement had a lot of water damage from this weeks storm on the east coast.

I spent a good part of today de-watering and hauling out carpet and damaged goods.

The man is 80 years old.
It looks like I'll be spending more time cleaning up his basement tomorrow and probably into the week.

Driving home I saw a number of homes with rolled-up carpet and stuff out front for pick up.

I guess I was lucky. Many roads are still closed. A few bridges aren't safe. Fire departments are still out de-watering homes in some areas.

I hope everyone here on TRF "weathered" the storms OK.

Wm.

Easter weekend is busy for me this year. This morning it was Cars and Coffee, I took a few photos.

In the afternoon, it was out to the flying field to witness a TARC flight before the deadline.

Tomorrow we celebrate the resurrection, just not in the usual fashon. :D

[YOUTUBE]1Q1LF0itMvE[/YOUTUBE]

Has been a bad spell for my family, I suffered acute renal failure a month ago and am in recovery, taking all kinds of meds with side effects, on top of that both daughter and myself have strep throat, wife is getting out of hospital today with kidney stones and infection....top of all that been laid off for a year..lots of other med issues in my family, so I've been reading High Power Rocketry 2 and other rocketry books, watching videos and looking at pile rocket repairs and future builds... Hope to be well enough to go to Red Glare in a couple of weeks to watch the fun and get some air for a few hours...

:(

We just got down to Florida for Monday’s Shuttle launch. We are staying in Melbourn. The room is not the best but it is ok. I didn’t get on line and get the room right away like I did the launch tickets. Nasa causeway tickets sell out in minutes.

Just finished coloring eggs with my grandaughter.

I made some decals for her eggs.:D

She's 2.

emily eggs.jpg

emily and egg.jpg

Taking photos of some of my rockets and writing a build thread (my first in years). Then we meet my sister on Sunday for Easter brunch in one of the more posh restaurants in the area. (Not a diner.) That's about it. We're having fun basking in the record-breaking warm weather this weekend. Come Monday, the temps will drop back to reality. Even then, it will still be better than winter. We don't engage in many Easter traditions anymore because we no longer have anyone to share them with.

Mark K.

Has been a bad spell for my family, I suffered acute renal failure a month ago and am in recovery, taking all kinds of meds with side effects, on top of that both daughter and myself have strep throat, wife is getting out of hospital today with kidney stones and infection....top of all that been laid off for a year..lots of other med issues in my family, so I've been reading High Power Rocketry 2 and other rocketry books, watching videos and looking at pile rocket repairs and future builds... Hope to be well enough to go to Red Glare in a couple of weeks to watch the fun and get some air for a few hours...
:(

Whoa! I hope you'll be able to get out of there for awhile. It sounds like you're way overdue.

Thanks for the wishes, appreciate it....
Gordon, any "goony egg " decals? could start a whole new Easter Trend...:D

My wife and daughter wouldn't let be get too ellaborate.

They figured the eggs would be turned into egg salid real soo.

I think they are Easter Grinches.

My wife and daughter wouldn't let be get too ellaborate.

They figured the eggs would be turned into egg salid real soo.

I think they are Easter Grinches.

I'll tell you the cure for that. This week when the packages of egg dye go on sale for about a quarter, pick one up. Then round about next August when said wife and daughter aren't looking, boil up some eggs and go for it. Granddaughter will love it and they can still have their egg salad.

Lisa, who thinks dying eggs is too fun to do just once a year

I flew to Cincinatti to visit my twin brother. Friday we went to the Creation museum where I spent hours there and saw the show in the planetarium. That was awesome. Saturday we then went to Union Station where they had the history museum and the life science museum. Had fun there, saw Under the Sea in IMAX. The history museum was the best of the two museums at the station. Then we traveled deep into KY to visit our cousins. Spent the night there, and went to Easter morning service, and had Easter dinner there where we celebrated our 31st birthday. Then we drove back to the Ohio Border and attended my brothers church for evening service. After that went back to my brothers apartment and had dinner and our own private cake :p

3:30pm Friday marked the start of spring break. Went to the local outdoor mall (Shortpump) to go prom dress shopping (no its not for me) and then movies. Today I made $13 at an easter egg hunt and got some great food. Kings Dominion tomorrow (the local theme park). This spring breaks getting better and better.

Ben

I can barely remember what a hard boiled egg tastes like. :confused2: My wife hates them, so we never have them. :bangpan:

Mark K.

My plans are to eat a lot of eggs and try to finish some of my projects, as I have a lot of stuff hanging almost-finished in the air.

My brother and I spent the day at my Father's house for Easter.

We had the added, unplanned experience of a really solid Earthquake for the first time in many years. :eek:

Everyone is fine. Garage suffered some cosmetic damage.

Watching the sliding glass doors flex and bend was exciting but they held together. :eyepop:

We spent a good part of Saturday watching my daughter's track meet. Sunday we were up early for the Sunrise service at church #1 followed by a country breakfast, then worship at church #2 followed by worship at Church #1, then home, a big Easter dinner a nap and a pleasant walk.

Mixed in both days were episodes of Spring cleaning (in preparation to pack and move this summer).

Back