East Bay Represent

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmah

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Emma, aka emmah (they/she.)

I fly mostly mid- and high-power with LUNAR, as well as The Hot Nozzle Society and Tripoli Central California.

If you flew model rockets around Dallas back in the late 70's and early 80's, it'd be great to hear from you. I've gotten back into the hobby after many years away.

For some reason I've been working on a bunch of 29mm builds lately, probably because I now have Caesaroni 29mm hardware, and it's been fun to fly with it.

And my most recent build, an AMWxPro White Wolf (the 29mm version.)

Being that it's one of my favorite songs, naming this rocket was easy.

I also name most of my rockets after songs.

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpeg
    IMG_2270.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi,

I'm Emma, aka emmah (they/she.)

I fly mostly mid- and high-power with LUNAR, as well as The Hot Nozzle Society and Tripoli Central California.

If you flew model rockets around Dallas back in the late 70's and early 80's, it'd be great to hear from you. I've gotten back into the hobby after many years away.

For some reason I've been working on a bunch of 29mm builds lately, probably because I now have Caesaroni 29mm hardware, and it's been fun to fly with it.
Hello Emma! Welcome aboard. We love pictures, thank you for sharing. Currently I’m flying 29mm in an Estes Star Orbiter, the thing is a hot rod. Has Wolf Like Me had a shakedown flight?

Hello Emma! Welcome aboard. We love pictures, thank you for sharing. Currently I’m flying 29mm in an Estes Star Orbiter, the thing is a hot rod. Has Wolf Like Me had a shakedown flight?
Not yet. I built it after getting home from LDRS last month and it's been too dry to fly out of Snow Ranch and really hot in Fresno.

Maybe at ROCStock or when we go back to the Ranch this fall.

LUNAR may have a low-to-mid power site near Gilroy soon, fingers crossed.

An upgraded Star Orbiter is on my list of things to try.

Not yet. I built it after getting home from LDRS last month and it's been too dry to fly out of Snow Ranch and really hot in Fresno.

Maybe at ROCStock or when we go back to the Ranch this fall.

LUNAR may have a low-to-mid power site near Gilroy soon, fingers crossed.

An upgraded Star Orbiter is on my list of things to try.
There are people here who have flown them on I205s, producing enormous flames and spectacular in-flight breakups. Aside from having potential for ludicrous things like that, I found it a great platform for trying out more advanced equipment and construction techniques. I put up a build thread a few months ago and it has become my favorite airframe in my fleet. I tried to throw a booster stage for it together a few weeks ago but I messed it up and now I’m down a slotted body tube. Oops! 😆

I was at LDRS this year and I’ll probably head back to ROC later this year if they have attractive early fall launch dates. Normally I prefer Tripoli San Diego for proximity but if ROC opens up a high-ceiling site for me around September, I may go.

Back