Earthrise

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dipstick

Reaction score
So who else misses Earthrise? Found myself flipping through some past pdf versions on the CAR website a while ago. Had to think of it when reading the final issue of Rockets mag too...

Think there is enough activity across the country to at least get a launch reports version put together once a year? I'll volunteer for Lethbridge :)

I submitted an article to Earthrise for my CAR "L impulse" altitude record attempt rocket. It was only the first part of what was going to be two parts. I ended up flying it on a CTI L640 dual thrust to 14,500 AGL in Argonia, Kansas at LDRS30. The problem was there were not enough CAR members in attendance to witness the flight. If you write something for all the associations I could finish the second part of the article and submit it.

Hey Guys

It would be great to get an Earthrise out again but it requires a few things first and foremost is people willing to write articles, someone to gather (prod and keep prodding to get them written) and then someone to do the layout. Threemorewishes who did you send the article too?

Bruce (I can't call you dipstick, sorry) how about collecting the articles from across Canada? I could put a call out for more. Then just finding someone to put this together. Maybe a once a year newsletter should be the plan. But no use lining someone up for one or two articles. Besides with forums like this and the CAR/ACF one, people can publish their articles there on their own timelines. Maybe why newsletter are dropping in popularity

BTW there are a lot of organizations that seem to have trouble getting content for newsletters, then finding someone to put it all together. My wife was editor for the Chinook for Alberta Family Histories Society and let that go because it was a lot of work for a volunteer position and they did not find anyone to replace her.

Crayok (David)

It's a thought David, I have been toying with the idea of offering my time to edit a production so we can get one going, but I hate putting my hat in without knowing I can for sure put the time in. The once a year newsletter production is actually a good idea. Could include launch reports, noteable projects/flights, and whatever tech stuff we can get.

I'll keep chewing on this.

Back