[EARS] July Launch (UK)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike 8-{>

Reaction score
Next EARS Launch on Sunday 2nd July 2006

Our next launch is on the first Sunday in July. We hope you will join us at our Elsworth Launch Site for another excellent days rocket flying.

As recent vistors to EARS will know a number of the site's fields have been covered in oil-seed rape. The harvest of the rape may affect our July launch. Please check back here or on the EARS website at https://www.ears.org.uk/ nearer launch day to confirm that the event is on.

We drew the raffle at our June launch. The prize winners names are below. We would like to say a very big THANK YOU to our very generous sponsors:-

* PML D-Region Tomahawk 3" kit- Rocket Store - Cath Bashford
* Estes 36 D Squared - Rocket Store - Rob Ayres
* Quest Superbird - Rocket Store - Crispin Rose
* Das Model Jumbo 2 - Rockets & Things - Roy Trzeciak-Hicks
* Estes Launchables Military set - Rockets & Things - Simon Roberts
* Dynastar Snarky - Apo11o Model Rocketry - Rob Ayres
* Estes Screaming Eagle - Apo11o Model Rocketry - Mike Roberts
* Rebel Rocketry Vouchers - Rebel Rocketry - Roy Trzeciak-Hicks, Karl Stockley, Althea Rose, Tony Mather, Chris Bishop
* Caveman Rocketry Vouchers - Caveman Rocketry - Pam Ayres, Marcus Lauder
* Micro Hybrid Motor kit - Random Solutions - Pam Ayres
* R.A.T.T. Works H-70 / I-90 reload 3 pack - Uncle Bob's Rocket Shop - Cath Bashford
* Rockets Magazine, Volume 1, Issue 1 - Cath Bashford (with her Tripoli UK Prefecture TAP hat on) - Richard Parkin
* 24mm Motor retention kit - Rowes Retainers - Ben Jarvis
* 38mm Motor Retainer - Rowes Retainers - Marcus Lauder
* 2 Pepsi T-Shirts - Pam Ayres - Cath Bashford, Teresa

Congratulations to everyone who won!!

Rockets and Things wont be able to mke it to EARS in July as they will be out at LDRS. Make sure you pick up any motors you need at UKRA or get orders in to your supplier of choice in good time for July.

Cheers Mike 8-{>

EARS Secretary

UKRA #1208 L2 RSO EARS # 1118
TRA #3207 L1
-=*=- Gravity is a harsh Mistress -=*=-

Today I checked with our host and we are OK to go for our July Launch.

See you there on the 2nd.

Remember Rockets and Things cant make it so if you need big motors you will need to make your own arrangements.

Mike 8-{>

I really hope you guys have a great launch.

As an off topic side note*

Whenever someone from EARS post a list of names of winner, members, contestants whatever...

I just want you to know the first thing I do is pick up my Estes Fat Boy that everyone signed and roll it around and put faces to the names again!;)

Originally posted by sandman
I really hope you guys have a great launch.

As an off topic side note*

Whenever someone from EARS post a list of names of winner, members, contestants whatever...

I just want you to know the first thing I do is pick up my Estes Fat Boy that everyone signed and roll it around and put faces to the names again!;)

Hi ya sandman :0) hope you are keeping well. Your signing the rocket idea when visiting overseas clubs is an excellent one. If I ever make it over to your side of the pond again I will deffinitely do the same as you did.

If you are able to make it to LDRS you may well be able to catch up with some of the UK crew who will be out there.

Cheers Mike 8-{>

Back