EAC Firecat Decals and Font

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosko_racer

Reaction score
I am finishing an Estes Aerospace Club Firecat Clone. I have re-drawn all the decals for it except for the "U.S. AIR FORCE" because I do not have a font that goes close to it. Does anyone know the font or may suggest one that comes close? Thks.

- R_R

The easiest thing to do would be to download it from JimZ's and clean it up. I know that defeats the purpose of redrawing, but if you can't find the font, that's about all you can do.

The EAC Firecat decals are exactly the same as the Astron Bandit. While it defeats the purpose of doing it yourself, you can order the Bandit decals from either Tango Papa or Excelsior rocketry.

Guys, thanks for the suggestions. I did consider buying them but wanted to try this first.

Here is what I have done so far. With the WordArt option in Powerpoint I used Eurostile bold font and "stretched and modified" the wordart. Had to work on the words separately but it did work. The fonts are almost identical... I am happy with the results. The graphics in the blue area are the originals downloaded from JIMZ. The ones in the white area are the ones I redraw. I am not going to use the #3, I will use the #7 since it is my favorite number. :D

- RPR

EAC FIRECAT DECALS - TEST.jpg

The "real" font for USAF is "Amarillo". Easily downloadable as a shareware. The problem is, that is not what Estes used.

Maybe we could ask Barry Tunik next Monday over on YORF......:p

Yes, I noticed Estes did not use the AMARILLO U.S. Air Force font... I have it but I like the font Estes used, so I kept the WordArt. Thanks for the help guys.

The file was created to be printed on an ALPS because of the white decals. I had to modify the decal that goes over the lower jet because I had to use a different BT for it. That is why one of the black stripes is longer than the other: That longer stripe goes towards the front of the lower BT so it wraps all the way around. Plus there are a few extras and my NAR #... :D

- RPR

View attachment EAC Firecat Decals.pdf

Your post implies that you are able to print your own decal sheets. Could you tell me how and where you got your materials?

Your post implies that you are able to print your own decal sheets. Could you tell me how and where you got your materials?

I have an old ALPs printer and I can print my own decals on a limited basis: The printing head seems to have one of the printing elements burned so when I print, I get a very thin (and annoying) line where there is nothing printed. I am having a friend print them for me.

I got the decal paper for the ALPS at Tango Papa some time ago.

- RPR

Had a friend of mine print the decals that I redrew for the EAC Firecat. Thanks Scott!!! Tried to put the decals as per the original instructions. The only different decals is the "7".

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

Guys, thanks for the suggestions. I did consider buying them but wanted to try this first.

Here is what I have done so far. With the WordArt option in Powerpoint I used Eurostile bold font and "stretched and modified" the wordart. Had to work on the words separately but it did work. The fonts are almost identical... I am happy with the results. The graphics in the blue area are the originals downloaded from JIMZ. The ones in the white area are the ones I redraw. I am not going to use the #3, I will use the #7 since it is my favorite number. :D

- RPR

When you are ready for them I can cut those for you!!

The rocket looks awesome! very nice

Very nice as always Raul :D Will I get to see it live Saturday or are you being claimed by the Ladies of the house?

I have been claimed by the ladies of the house this weekend again. Saturday we were invited to a party. You get to see it soon. Please pass to Jim that I will not be attending the meeting that evening unless we get out of the party early. If I have time I may pass by.

stickershock23, snaquin, rokitflite:

Thanks for the nice comments. And Stickershock23, thanks for the offer. I have never dealt (or is it delt?) with vinyl stickers before. I have visited your website before but I thought you worked with upscale decals only. BTW that Andromeda on the website is "way cool"!

The EAC Firecat grabbed my attention when I "discovered" it last year. I was an EAC member and had the Viper. Never knew what happened to my rocket fleet after I left for the Army... The only thing is that I think the fins can be "a little wider"... do not know... hm, maybe on my next one....

Latest posts

Back