E9 power in the rocket sled (video)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbecks

Reaction score
I originally planned to have another video along side this one with some mid powered rocket staging but unfortunately for the rocket sled we just had a heat wave that melted all of the snow. To bad I found out this late in the season that E9 is the perfect amount of thrust and burn for the rocket sled. I plan on still using the rocket sled in the summer and seeing how it can go over both sand and adding a skid plate to the bottom and seeing how for I can hydroplane it. stay tuned. thank for everyone that enjoyed watching the evolution of the rocket sled this winter. Sorry for the short video as I said it was intended to have more launches in the footage.
[video=youtube;mGHM995ZQbI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGHM995ZQbI[/video]

I guess the snow melted just in time it appears the interest in this has died.

Looks awesome! I will admit I tried something similar on a skateboard as a kid with a D12. It barely moved.

I found with my experimenting on this sled it takes quite a bit to get moving. Once it's moving though it doesn't take to much to keep it going.

Hopefully you will get an early spring snow fall.

We got a big snow dump but it won't last long. What would be good to do as a first stage using the E9 as a second stage? stage. The only thing I'll have available is BP motors. I wish I could remote set off the second stage E9 and just have 2 E9 in stage.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back