e powered motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiO

Reaction score
first post on this board. me and my dad are looking to launch our first E motor. was wondereing whree to buy them? also, are they 24mm like D motors? thank you in advance!

The estes E9 is like an overgrown D, pretty wimpy. You can get them at any store that carries Estes stuff (mostly)

The Aerotech E's are 24mm (mostly) and are pretty thrusty compared to the E9. You cna buy them online, search for Aerotech motors. I have used 3 AT E30s, and they are FUN.

Aerotech E motors are also a very large step into mid/high power motors. They are not black powder like estes, but use Ammonium Perchlorate (sp.) as the fuel. They ignite at the top of the motor, not at the bottom like estes. Becasue of this, they require different ignitors than estes.

Didn't mean to scare you! Its a lot of fun!

i mean...
they throw a flame like THIS!
TriAgain.jpg

Yep lots of smoke & fire when clustering motors! When you see a motor for instance called D12-5 it's the same as a D12-3 the only difference is that when the motor reaches the end of it's burn , theres a 5 second delay before the parachute comes out rather than 3.
All the 24mm estes motors : D12-3 , D12-5 , D12-7 , D11-P , E9-4 , E9-6 , E9-8.
There are a wide range of 24mm motors available from Aerotech like others have said , and most of them are more powerfull than a normal Estes 24mm motor.
You should be able to get 'E' motors from any model shop that deals with Estes motors or Aerotech.
-Karl

Originally posted by radiO
first post on this board. me and my dad are looking to launch our first E motor. was wondereing whree to buy them? also, are they 24mm like D motors? thank you in advance!

Look in the forum "Propulsion" for the thread "Sticky: Motor Dealer Listing". It's a long list of places to buy motors. Or do a Google for "model rocket engine E". That will give you lots of links to sellers.

If you're in a hurry, call the hobby stores around you. E engines are popular enough that most who carry rockets stock them.

wow, thanks for the tips. does anybody have a store they prefer to get the estes D engines online?

...actually, that google search worked out great! the first place that came up has them 5 bucks cheaper a pack than my hobby store! they would have to have ordered them too...

Wow! 5 bucks cheaper? How much is it at your local hobby store? If I could get them 5 bucks cheaper they would be... a dollar.

For online motors, try hobbylinc.com or greatlakeshobbies.com. I've used them both with good success.

bmhiii

Elis Mountian makes a 24mm G-37 I got one im gonna stick in my Eleminator

Latest posts

Back