E-Mail Surge!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
So i get up today and as usual, sit down with a cup of joe and start sifting through the orders and e-mail. I usually have between and 10-50 emails in the morning from the day before. Everything from auctions to questions. Only today, I had 628! What the...?
They were all e-mails that were deleted over a few months ago had all come back!! It was like night of the living dead ...the e-mail version!! Anybody know what causes this?

Thanks

Is your mail program set to delete the emails from the server as they are downloaded? This happened to me once and I found out that the settings had been changed.

When my mail limit had been reached on the server, all the emails were downloaded again.

Now that I've got your attention...!!!

Jus' Kidding...

I do hope you haven't lost my last E-mail or two...
Hope to hear from you soon... The last time I heard of E-mail going nuts like that, it was an AOL problem... happened to me a couple of years ago...

Steward

Originally posted by Steward

Now that I've got your attention...!!!

Jus' Kidding...

I do hope you haven't lost my last E-mail or two...
Hope to hear from you soon... The last time I heard of E-mail going nuts like that, it was an AOL problem... happened to me a couple of years ago...

Steward

Please send it again...just in case.

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
Is your mail program set to delete the emails from the server as they are downloaded? This happened to me once and I found out that the settings had been changed.

When my mail limit had been reached on the server, all the emails were downloaded again.

Nope. I checked and I hadn't even reached my limit. I use incredimail (Fancy looking outlook) and noticed that it was not allowing any e-mails in every time it tried to reach the servor...it would just hang at 1%. So I went into my netzero account and opened the email directly. 628!! All loaded last night. It took about 20 minutes to sift throught them and now the mail goes right through. Maybe a lame virus. Or, I could be having a premature senoir moment:D

Back