E-Bay Deal of the Decade

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the electronics manufacturers in China are buying them for their products. Selling 65 out of 100 so far isn't bad. :confused2:

There was a jar of dead yellow jackets for sale once.

I've heard of people selling junk stuff between themselves (and always leaving positive feedback) to get their count and score high.

Think this fits that pattern?

Actually, it's not as good a deal as the damaged MOS-FET he has listed.
If you check his feedback and then those who left feedback and their feedback and so on, there appears to be a network of users in China leaving positive feedback.
Some are selling eBooks on how to boost your positive count and some who offer to forget about payment if you just leave them positives.

Well, Fred pulled my post.

Kevin, you really need to get a handle on this. Fast.

Yep, he did. He did what he felt was right, and I cannot fault him for that. If it's a big deal, he's already told me he'd be more than happy to put it back.

Keep in mind it's a judgement call. Fred used his judgement, and did what he thought was right.

My question is this... Ignoring the forum rules, was the post necessary? Did it in some way contribute to the discussion in a constructive fashion?

Remember, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

-Kevin

Maybe I should start listing all my scrap vinyl?

Thats pretty messed up if people are getting their feedback built up so they look good just to rip someone off.

One question doesn't e-bay take a chunk of that sale? and charge a listing fee? I don't get it..\

Edit: IDEA!!! lets all go but one bad resistor for the .99 and lets all leave him NEGATIVE feedback turnabout is fair play!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about listing nothing. That's it, nothing. Meet my minimum bid and I will send you nothing at all. Just 12.95 shipping and handling plus I strongly encourage insurance. I mean you would want to file a claim if something actually arrived.

Mark - I know folks who would use the scrap vinyl for trim.

I once saw an EMPTY box get sold...Wonder how much an empty Estes Field Box(~1970's vintage with some stains and wear)would bring in?:roll:

Toe nail clippings. The plastic ring that goes around milk that you have to pull to open. Sawdust. Oh I could go on and on. Well it just goes to show you the mentality of some people.

I recently bought 6 titanium rod end cuts a few inches each. It was a cheap way to get some nice titanium samples. Cost me $6 to buy and a few to ship.

I couldn't believe someone would even bother to take the time to list them for a few bucks. But in this case one man's junk was another man's treasure.

When I see something like that all I can think of is the movie "The Jerk".
"Those oil cans are not defective the person shooting them is"
The person placing that ad is well........you know.

Actually, it's not as good a deal as the damaged MOS-FET he has listed.
If you check his feedback and then those who left feedback and their feedback and so on, there appears to be a network of users in China leaving positive feedback.
Some are selling eBooks on how to boost your positive count and some who offer to forget about payment if you just leave them positives.
Yes, I'll bet that's it. Artificial feedback boosting at near zero cost. Later, with 100% positive feedback, he'll sell 100 $600 laptops for $300 each, laptops that never show up.

Mark - I know folks who would use the scrap vinyl for trim.

Yeah I have that too. if anyone wants some just contact me I'll give it away pretty dirt cheap.

BUT I was talking about the stuff I peel off the vinyl to make the decal. no backing just the sticky and the color... LOL

Yes, I'll bet that's it. Artificial feedback boosting at near zero cost. Later, with 100% positive feedback, he'll sell 100 $600 laptops for $300 each, laptops that never show up.

This is why one should report an item when they think it is fraudulent.

The eBay consumer community depends on it.

While they have sophisticated algorithms to detect fraud, obviously some figure out how to get through the system. The tough part is the bad guys can seem to adapt faster than the government.

Bingo Winston, you get the gold star!!!

Winston is right, its nothing but a feed back padding sham.

People also do this when they use auctions to sell a donations, they will set up some bogus or real charity auction. Money never touches their hands, as the bidder forwards the money directly to the real/`fake charity. The bidder leaves a`, 'God bless you' or 'I really appreciate what you are doing', phrased feedback for the auction lister.

So for offering absolutely no product or not shipping a single item, a new seller can accrue several hundred if not thousands of feedback, then start selling crap or misrepresented items and have the feedback under the belt to pull it off.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public," said H.L. Mencken

Yep, H.L. was correct :(

Jonathan

Back