Dynastar Orion Transport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fore Check,

I've used the same attachment method on a number of models, including a heavily modified Fat Boy. The only difference on that model was that I embedded the kevlar loop into the centering ring fillet.

... Bill

Originally posted by rkt2k1
Fore Check,

I've used the same attachment method on a number of models, including a heavily modified Fat Boy. The only difference on that model was that I embedded the kevlar loop into the centering ring fillet.

... Bill

Works good, doesn't it?
;)

Finally got to fly today and my Orion was the highlight. 3 flights, 1 D12-5, and (2) D15-4...

Wonderful flights. Seriously reefed the 'chute on flights 2 and 3 otherwise the descent rate was way too slow for me, but would prevent any damage to the thrust ring (cone).

Watch for pics and a review.

Fun kit.

Nick

quick note about shock cord attachment: we are 4 for 4 in the separation department! I bought one of each DynaStar kit. all 4 of them have separated the kevlar cord and ring, from the top of the MMT. I think I'll post a note to EMRR about it.

Originally posted by cls
quick note about shock cord attachment: we are 4 for 4 in the separation department! I bought one of each DynaStar kit. all 4 of them have separated the kevlar cord and ring, from the top of the MMT. I think I'll post a note to EMRR about it.

I had the same problem with my Dynastar Rising Star. Finally epoxied the shock cord to the side of the body tube.

Just need to do it differently. The thrust ring method just doesn't make much sense to me........

Back