DynaStar Flame Thrower Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was just a little burnt out from the RedTop build. And I have a shload of kits. I am finishing up finishing the DynaStar AeroDactyl TS and I like the whole concept of large, but light, mid-power. And as much as I want to build Neil's Starship Avalon in a 29mm powered thing, I am just not up to it right now. Better to just grab a few kits from the build pile and simply have fun.
So this is the kit. Parts is parts. Decals. A display stand... I'd rather have paid $5 less and NOT gotten that... oh well.
The quality of the parts is good. The laser cutting, better than the AeroDactyl TS.

Flame Thrower Build - 00001.JPG
Flame Thrower Build - 00006.JPG

Flame Thrower Build - 00005.JPG
Flame Thrower Build - 00004.JPG
Flame Thrower Build - 00003.JPG
Flame Thrower Build - 00002.JPG

Last edited:
So here we have the MMTs in the centering rings.
Flame Thrower Build - 00014.JPG

Then the motor retention rod is held straight by these two thin strips of something or another.
Flame Thrower Build - 00015.JPG

Then one packs in epoxy clay. I used the stuff off amazon at a 1/3 of the price Apogee wants.

Flame Thrower Build - 00016.JPG

And what's this sorcery? Electronics???? "Why you added almost 7 grams of weight!!!!"
So sue me. It lets me use either motor deploy and cable cut or apogee deploy using motors with too long or short delays by using an Eggtimer Apogee.
Beside otherwise this build would have been box-stock. And that would be a tragedy.

Flame Thrower Build - 00150.JPG

Yes this build is going fast... just a few days so far. No finishing today. IT RAINED!!!! In Southern California!!!! RAIN.... WATER FROM THE SKY! In OCTOBER!!! What the heck????!

And what's this sorcery? Electronics???? "Why you added almost 7 grams of weight!!!!"
So sue me. It lets me use either motor deploy and cable cut or apogee deploy using motors with too long or short delays by using an Eggtimer Apogee.
Beside otherwise this build would have been box-stock. And that would be a tragedy.

View attachment 541537

Yes this build is going fast... just a few days so far. No finishing today. IT RAINED!!!! In Southern California!!!! RAIN.... WATER FROM THE SKY! In OCTOBER!!! What the heck????!
Such is the way of things here. Rain when you try to paint and drought when you want to fly.

3364415F-0DBD-4BA3-B367-1EA5EE0CE459.gif

Back