• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dynastar BT - 70 nose cones

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
If you mean the 10.5 length, that price is about right. I paid 12.99 for mine 6 years ago when Bryan at BRS stocked them. All he has is a Dynastar 80 in stock right now. Of course, I hadn't figured on Apogee's unreasonable shipping rates either. I never buy from those guys. How much were you expecting to pay for one?

afadeev

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If you mean the 10.5 length, that price is about right. I paid 12.99 for mine 6 years ago when Bryan at BRS stocked them. All he has is a Dynastar 80 in stock right now. Of course, I hadn't figured on Apogee's unreasonable shipping rates either. I never buy from those guys. How much were you expecting to pay for one?

I use to buy from Brian all the time, but Apogee is no longer selling their nose cones to retailers. I was told this when I last spoke with Brian. So if you need a replacement part for your kit you have to buy threw Apogee.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
This is the very reason why I forked out 115.00 on a HF lathe. I got tired of not being able to get what I want, when I want it. It already twice paid for itself.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This is the very reason why I forked out 115.00 on a HF lathe. I got tired of not being able to get what I want, when I want it. It already twice paid for itself.

I'll end up paying either way, but a balsa nose cone sounds like the way to go. It would definitely be unique and fit better than the nose cone that comes with the kit. You need a lot of tape wraps just to hold it in place.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
I'll end up paying either way, but a balsa nose cone sounds like the way to go. It would definitely be unique and fit better than the nose cone that comes with the kit. You need a lot of tape wraps just to hold it in place.

Those Dynastar 70 NC's fit loosely on everything. They say it's for BT 70's but that's a load of crap. It barely fits and you can feel the tube edge when you run your hand across it. I really don't like them. Want mine? I'll just turn me one that fits. Only been used twice and nary a scratch. 8 bucks and shipping.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Those Dynastar 70 NC's fit loosely on everything. They say it's for BT 70's but that's a load of crap. It barely fits and you can feel the tube edge when you run your hand across it. I really don't like them. Want mine? I'll just turn me one that fits. Only been used twice and nary a scratch. 8 bucks and shipping.

Let me kick it around. I don't like the sloppy fit, but let see what I can get a balsa one turned for?? If it's a little more I still might do it.

Reaction score
Does anyone have Sandman's handle on here? I want to send him a PM. I'm sure he can turn out a nice balsa cone for me.

Here's the Roachwerks machining services website:

https://roachwerksmachining.com.istemp.com/

Lawndart, I think that first o should be an a:mailto:[email protected]

I've had him do some custom nose cones. Good work, fast turnaround.

I think those Dynastar plastic cones might be 54mm while the bt-70 is a 56mm tube. That would explain the crappy fit.

lawndartman

Reaction score
opps, bad fingers. He just finished a 30" x 4" for me. Crazy good. More on that later....