Dynasoar Rocketry RC Rocket glider kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good. FAI only cares that its less than 40N but NAR states it must be on the approved list. I will attend at least 1 of the 3 proposed FAI SM contests in 2019 and if there are some to spare have them shipped to someone stateside to hold for me.
Thanks.

Richard

Ok, I'll be at naram if someone you know will be there I could hand them off and not have to ship them but up to you.

Ok, I'll be at naram if someone you know will be there I could hand them off and not have to ship them but up to you.

Great. I can't say which events I can attend but I think one or more of the gang may be at NARAM. Working on it. ;)

Richard

I had 3 good flights with the StratoDart at Hellfire-23. The first flight was on a reloadable E6. The next 2 flights used the AT single-use E6. On the single-use motors I used a small piece of thermalite dropped into the motor and then a G2Q2 igniter. It worked every time. On the first 2 flights I did two down-nose maneuvers during boost to take the glider away from the crowd. This also flattened out the trajectory. The bad part is that I was not able to guide the model anywhere close back to where I was standing and I had a long walk to retrieve the glider. The 3rd flight I did only one down-nose motion and brought the glider closer to my gazebo, so the walk was shorter. On the second and third flight I had at least one roll, but it was unintentional.

Did you not find the igniters wrapped in cardboard that were in the box? I had to wrap those separately because Aerotech just shipped me a hundred igniters in one small baggie.

I had 3 good flights with the StratoDart at Hellfire-23. The first flight was on a reloadable E6. The next 2 flights used the AT single-use E6. On the single-use motors I used a small piece of thermalite dropped into the motor and then a G2Q2 igniter. It worked every time. On the first 2 flights I did two down-nose maneuvers during boost to take the glider away from the crowd. This also flattened out the trajectory. The bad part is that I was not able to guide the model anywhere close back to where I was standing and I had a long walk to retrieve the glider. The 3rd flight I did only one down-nose motion and brought the glider closer to my gazebo, so the walk was shorter. On the second and third flight I had at least one roll, but it was unintentional.

I found the igniters. I pushed one igniter in and I think that I bent it and it lost continuity. I then decided that I wanted to make sure I had good ignition the first time. If an igniter goes bad at one of our club launches, I need to wait for the range to re-open, which takes a long time.

That Orion Starliner looks terrific! You need to give us a full report.

Thanks very much it's made using 3 inch tubing from BMS as well as one of their 3 in nose cones here's a thread that shows how it was constructed https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...g-big-and-small-versions.142461/#post-1729242

Plans are at

https://dynasoarrocketry.com/?page_id=505

QUOTE="aerostadt, post: 1805641, member: 2296"]I found the igniters. I pushed one igniter in and I think that I bent it and it lost continuity. I then decided that I wanted to make sure I had good ignition the first time. If an igniter goes bad at one of our club launches, I need to wait for the range to re-open, which takes a long time.

That Orion Starliner looks terrific! You need to give us a full report.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Gary said all three, the g8, g11 and g12 will be certified, hopefully in 30 days...I prefer the g12 because the sustain is high enough to maintain vertical.

39985653_866772800197619_8653620912525934592_o.jpg Here is our latest kit, the Aurora Clipper! I designed this to be even easier to build.

The Aurora Clipper Looks sleek and fast but the low delta wing with dihedral is surprisingly easy to fly and tends to stay level unless a turn command is given. Assembly is very simple and much of the work is done for you including, control surface hinging, spars installed, tube slotted for the tail, pushrods pre-bent. The kit comes with white 2″ tubing, plastic nose cone, pre-cut wing and tail surfaces. Stickershock cut vinyl markings shown are not included but are available from stickershock23.com. 37″ length, 22″ wingspan, 11.25 oz rtf.

Last edited:
Here is the other new Kit, the Iron Cross:
The Iron Cross RC Rocket glider kit is based on a top secret WW1 Rocket powered mid wing monoplane interceptor. It has a graceful birdlike swept wing with scaloped trailing edges, a ww1 styled vertical stab, and an open cockpit. It comes with a plastic nose cone, 2.6″ white tubing for the body, Depron wing and 6mm depron tail surface. The wing is pre-grooved for the spar, control surfaces are pre-hinged, and the body tube is pre slotted for the vertical stab and partially slotted for the wing. 33″ long, 23″ wingspan, 10.75-11 oz rtf.(painted)

IMG_20180824_170344821_HDR.jpg

I wanted to share two photos of models made from my plans on my site that were made by Byron Bedenbaugh, he's hoping to maiden them this weekend.received_520657468396829.jpeg received_1116044475213685.jpeg

Something like Dynastar’s Snarky or Lexxjet but an R/C glider variant would interest me. I found the Thud by Dynasoar, interesting.

Last edited:
I'm out of the interceptor cones now in any case.
loudly-crying-face_1f62d.png

The end of an era, at least until Estes starts selling the darned things again.

Please don't confuse the two, dynastar is a brand owned by Apogee for rocket kits, Dynasoar is me, the rc rg's.

My approach has been to make these kits a simple and foolproof as they can be with light weight and reasonable glide recovery performance. Small wings, scoops on the bottom and draggy bits hanging off the fuse unfortunately work against good performance and reasonable glide/recovery, and then there's the issue of making it all fit into a reasonable weight and shipping box and be strong enough when assembled. I do appreciate your comment and desire for this styling though. Here is the Marauder that was cruise missile-ish but had the intake on the top, got ZERO interest from folks.

maxresdefault.jpg

Something like Dynasoar’s Snarky or Lexxjet but an R/C glider variant would interest me. I found the Thud, interesting.

See I like that marauder. But I’m a minority customer not the vast majority that make you money.

I finally got the new SR-71 just about completed. I took a few photo's of the DynaSoar SR-71 next to my old HobbyLab SR-71. The DynaSoar SR-71 is on the left and is slightly longer. With batteries but no motor the DynaSoar version weighs 11.11 oz. and the HobbyLab version weighs 14.71 oz.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 84
Oh well. I’ll have to get a Pegasus XL sometime I guess.

Back