- Aug 16, 2016
- Reaction score
- Paragould, AR
Frank, thanks for looking in on my thread. I will sort out the pics; not sure what happened.Enjoying your thread and seeing the progress.
I can't see your attachments in the last post so not sure what happened on the motor mount. I'm using bob smith super gold plus or hot stuff ufo thick foam safe CA and haven't had any issues gluing foam to cardboard, or cardboard to cardboard. If you did get CA on the motor mount make sure you sand it back down to cardboard so that the titebond can soak in, otherwise you have a titebond to CA joint and that probably isn't very solid.
However one note, I would not follow the procedure of applying to one side and then kicker to the other. I've found that it is almost impossible to get things aligned perfectly on first contact. I think the better approach is to get the parts aligned then spray the kicker into the joint to set them once they are aligned. For the reinforcing strips, the little bends that apparently happened in shipping won't matter for their use which is just to provide an extra glue joint for reinforcing the wing. My newer kits are all mid mounted wings now in any case and don't need them.
For the pushrods, As you noted every RC person has their preferred method of control connections. I try to avoid things that can work loose, so am not a fan of the ez links in general and I do any fine tuning of control surface centering after gluing the servos down using the electronic sub trims in my radio. I have used ez links in a few places where I'm recessing the servos into a fixed recess or slot and can't adjust the mechanical zero when I'm gluing them in place. One note, the micro control horns don't have a lot of meat on them when enlarging the holes for the ez link shafts, I would have put them on the servo arm and left the z bends at the control horn ends, you still have adjustment of the ez link but the servo arms have a lot more meat on them.
Keep up the good work!