Dynacom-Tarantula

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonshiprider

Reaction score
Hey all! A quick search by me reveals that this question was asked over two years ago by rocwizard.Since it's been so very long ago I figured that I'd just ask it again.Has anyone here ever built and /or flown one of these birds?Just like wizard i too love these rockets.However,the price is now up to over $ 900.
If anyone has ever had any experience with them I'd love to hear about it.
BTW,rocwizard;Did you ever get to buy one?:

Unfortunately no. It is/was an awesome kit though. The only way you'll get a Tarantula now is if someone happens to put one up for auction since Dynacom is no more. AIR-X has spawned from it which now offer three kits, the Lucerne, the Delamar, and the Black Rock, and no more. Nice kits, but quite pricey...

HTH

Did they get hit with a lawsuite & close up shop or what?

I know that X-Air is taking it's place but why ruin a good thing?

JD

Originally posted by rocwizard
Unfortunately no. It is/was an awesome kit though. The only way you'll get a Tarantula now is if someone happens to put one up for auction since Dynacom is no more. AIR-X has spawned from it which now offer three kits, the Lucerne, the Delamar, and the Black Rock, and no more. Nice kits, but quite pricey...

HTH

Dave Pacheco has successfully flown one twice...in two stage configuration. He lives in Vegas and is active with Tripoli Vegas... his number is in the TRA phone book... super nice guy...give him a call...

To my knowledge, Eric at Dynacom was having some problems with time constraints, etc and decided to quit with all the kits and just focus on the three he offers now... I'm pretty sure it's the same guy...just a lineup and name change...
His stuff is absolutely the MERCEDES of kits... His filament wound nosecones are incredible! Once you see them you realize it's a shame to put paint on them...

Ron

Someone flew one of his Black Rock kits for an L3 cert at the Tripoli Mid-Ohio launch last month. Very impressive rocket.

Back