DYNACOM KIT INSTRUCTIONS & MORE !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. I picked up an Anaconda (built) in '21. Currently collecting parts to rebuild the altimeter bay as it was designed for Black Sky electronics. I have most everything now but time.

Here is a Dynacom Black Widow Clone using Composite Warehouse airframe and coupler tubes and a Composite Warehouse nosecone along with the fin pattern.

Yes. However, the ARC BW did not have one. It used a fiberglass centering ring with three holes drilled for three small threaded rods to hold the ring as a retainer.
Yes you are right. Have an unbuilt Python still in the box with a tail cone.

Interesting. My dual deployment, 80 inch long Black Widow (original kit sustainer, everything else Composite Warehouse tubes) weighs 5.4 pounds dry. [A Blast from the Past - ARC Black Widow on the forum). The 60 inch entire original kit weighed 5.8 pounds dry. I think the phenolic motor tube and the somewhat lighter CW tubing are the culprits!🚀

Interesting. My dual deployment, 80 inch long Black Widow (original kit sustainer, everything else Composite Warehouse tubes) weighs 5.4 pounds dry. [A Blast from the Past - ARC Black Widow on the forum). The 60 inch entire original kit weighed 5.8 pounds dry. I think the phenolic motor tube and the somewhat lighter CW tubing are the culprits!🚀
Eric from Dynacom did custom sizes also.

Way back in 2005 when I was a baby L2, I joined Oregon Rocketry and the vendor at the launch sold me an Air-X Delamar. I intended to use it for my L3 flight but after I saw how imposing it was at the time, I kept putting off building it. I ended up certifying with a rocket of my own design and a year or so later a good friend offered to buy it off me because Air-X had ceased production. So, I sold it to him. He built it and flew it twice. On its second and last flight, during the apogee deployment the steel cable in the sustainer snapped. Before it completely broke, the strands of cable twisted inside the sustainer and shredded the motor tube and the coupler. Then the sustainer crashed landed and was a total loss.

It was a sad end for a very beautiful rocket. I’m glad that a version of it is still flying, though.🚀

Took delivery of a minimum diameter Scorpion kit, there is little to no fin tab to speak of and the purchase include many extra parts, some that will get used, others not so much. Looks like it will hold the AT 98/10240 with lots of room to spare. I'll do a build thread on it in time. I understand these parts have history with Stu Barrett, so I will solicit some feedback from him in the future. Its Dynacom, so its deserves the best I can throw at it. :cool:

Resized_20220529_202127.jpgResized_20220529_202136.jpg

Took delivery of a minimum diameter Scorpion kit, there is little to no fin tab to speak of and the purchase include many extra parts, some that will get used, others not so much. Looks like it will hold the AT 98/10240 with lots of room to spare. I'll do a build thread on it in time. I understand these parts have history with Stu Barrett, so I will solicit some feedback from him in the future. Its Dynacom, so its deserves the best I can throw at it. :cool:

View attachment 520842View attachment 520843
Nice

Super nice! I love the M1939 motor and it should perform beautifully in your Scorpion!😍

View attachment 520843!

Last edited:
Here is my ARC Black Widow with a Giant Leap Slimline Retainer and with a 20 inch extension to facilitate dual deployment.

Attachments

• PXL-20220609-231650647-exported-94361~2-Original.jpg
    PXL-20220609-231650647-exported-94361~2-Original.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1
My minimum diameter Scorpion found a new home at LDRS, and took delivery of this 3.3" Python today. I'll be putting out a want ad in the yard sale section here in hopes I can find a new 3.3" OD nose cone with standard shoulder option and a new upper airframe for traditional dual deploy.

Back