Dyanasoar Made Me Do It!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
We saw Dynasoar's flying lamp yesterday @ CATO90. While technical difficulties kept it on the ground. The nasty Idea surfaced...

A flying lampshade! :D

I was @ wallyworld today and picked up the uugliest (yes 2 "u"s ~ it's that ugly) 7" lampshade.

Right now it has a 29MM MMT drying inside.

The launch lug is right along side the MMT and four vanes glued to the sides will provide aerodynamic stabilization (yeah, riiiight)

My only disappointment was with Rocksim...There is no parts selection for a lampshade!

I'll post a pix later.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
We saw Dynasoar's flying lamp yesterday @ CATO90. While technical difficulties kept it on the ground. The nasty Idea surfaced...

A flying lampshade! :D

Think we can get a new competition classification? Extra points if the shade has little dangly sparkly beads.

Actually, I was thinking that a top mounted engine and nose, with the shade trailing behind, would work rather like a tube rocket.

Today, the lamp! Tomorrow, the sink!

Think we can get a new competition classification? Extra points if the shade has little dangly sparkly beads.

Got 'em

I told you it was ugly.

My design is a modification of the revered Astron Birdie

Now lets get weird.

Your lamp is the booster & the shade is the sustainer.

Sounds like a fun Odd-Roc Al:
Based on the Old Birdie it should fly just fine, I found some Huge all plastic birdies at the dollar store awhile back, One was yellow So... My D-12 powered Big bird:D Big Bird recovers on a small 12" rear ejected "dragout" chute. really fun flights and Man does it get up there:)
That lampshade should HONK on a 29mm anything!

Back