Dual Deployment Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkcl

Reaction score
I have used altimeters for my main deployment for awhile. My question is if I set up an apogee charge and set the motor charge to max delay, would this cause a problem? I assume the apogee charge would just eject the motor charge.

I have used altimeters for my main deployment for awhile. My question is if I set up an apogee charge and set the motor charge to max delay, would this cause a problem? I assume the apogee charge would just eject the motor charge.
Its common to leave the motor delay unmodified...AS LONG as its long enough for the rocket to reach apogee, its commonly referred to as motor backup. Many minimum diameter rockets though to reach max altitude require a delay longer that what is available with most motors, in that case motor backup is not recommended (however the ejection charge may be removed and the delay used for its tracking smoke function such as it is).

Its common to leave the motor delay unmodified...AS LONG as its long enough for the rocket to reach apogee, its commonly referred to as motor backup. Many minimum diameter rockets though to reach max altitude require a delay longer that what is available with most motors, in that case motor backup is not recommended (however the ejection charge may be removed and the delay used for its tracking smoke function such as it is).
Thank You!

Latest posts

Back