Quantcast

Wanted Dual Deployment Altimeter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Gary Mac

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a dual deployment altimeter. In particular, I'd love to try out a Perfect Flight Stratologger CF or RRC2+ (opinions are welcome too if you have them on those systems!) since it has such a small footprint, but I'd be interested in other systems if others have them for sale as well. Let me know if you have one you'd like to pass one along.

Last edited:

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
I'm cleaning out my workshop, once I find my RRC2+ I'll let ya know.

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
Opinions on the RRC2+
Great device. I have three and one RRC3. One of my RRC2+s was mounted in a nose cone of a fiberglass rocket that came in ballistic. The RRC2+ survived and has flown several times since. Small, straightforward and easy to use.
I did buy one from here on the forum that was bad though, but Mr Missileworks (Jim Amos) fixed it up for me, think he actually replaced it.

markjos

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Both (Stratologger and RRC2+) are simple to use, reliable devices. If you want data (more than just reporting apogee altitude), then I suggest you choose the Stratologger, which will provide downloadable altitude vs time information, and saves that for several previous flights.

For simple, dual deployment, you can’t go wrong with either one.

Mark

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Hey, I found my altimeters and realized I didn't have as many as I thought, so I'm going to actually hang on to this one for now. Sorry.