Dual Deploy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jraice

Reaction score
I am building what will be my, first fiberglass rocket, first K motor, and my second dual deploy launch. I am very excited. The rocket is a 5.5" polecat nike smoke, will weigh about 11.5-12.5 pounds after the CTI K570 burns out. I plan on using a topflight chute for the drogue, is a topflight chute strong enough for the drogue? I plan on also using a 72" TAC-1 for the main, should come done around 17FPS. I will be using a 1500# swivel on the main, is a 500# swivel strong enough for the drogue? Anyone that has used the TAC-1? Quality? Performance? I will be using 21' of shock cord for the drogue and 15' for the main, is that enough. I have done this before and it was picture perfect but this rocket is a little heavier and more expensive.

Jordan Raice

What does your setup look like? Are you splitting in the middle with the drogue and then the main out of the nose cone. Don't forget that shear pins are your friend to keep everything together. A few more details would be helpful.

Edward

I will be using 3 2/56 pins on the cone, the rocket has a coupler bay in the middle with the main coming out of the nose and the drogue out of the back.

Back