Dual Deploy Minie Magg?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket72175

Reaction score
Has anybody built a dual deployment recovery system into a stock Mini Magg? By "stock", I mean using the existing length and not adding body tubes. The 5.5" diameter seems to offer plenty of room to deploy 2 recovery units in the forward direction. I am thinking about an "inner" tube to hold the altimeter and main chute.

Any thoughts?

Ken

I think it can be done , but you'l have to use a chute cannon.
Which is a tube that isolates the chute form the rest of the recovery harness. an ARD from BlackSky or a Tether from Defy Gravity would be perfect for this .

JD

I've done this, it wasn't exactly stock, it flow on a K550, but it was the normal length of tube.

I hacked the bottom of the nose cone to buy some more room. The main was tethered inside the body with a PRMII so it would remain in place.

The drogue and nose cone where attached back to the body with different length shock cords to ensure the drogue was pulled from the nose cone.

The altimeter was in a bay made from a half section of tube bonded to the side of the body tube.

Stephen.

Originally posted by rocket72175
Has anybody built a dual deployment recovery system into a stock Mini Magg? By "stock", I mean using the existing length and not adding body tubes. The 5.5" diameter seems to offer plenty of room to deploy 2 recovery units in the forward direction. I am thinking about an "inner" tube to hold the altimeter and main chute.

Any thoughts?

Ken

Use a defy gravity tether, and main chute in a Skyangle med free bag.

use a small droge on the nose cone to pull the main out of the free bag when the tether releases.

put your electronics in a hatch in the fin can.

Back