Dual Deploy/Electronic Deploy Wildman Dink

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody made a dual deploy version of the Wildman Dink without adding a separate tube and av-bay? I know you can easily do this with the Jolly Logic Chute Release. But, I just can't make myself spend 2-3 times the price of a Perfectflight StratologgerCF or an EggTimer Quantum and still don't have electronic deploy of the drogue. I know it would be easy enough to put the altimeter in the nosecone to get a single electronic deploy but what about dual deploy? Tender descender or something like that but again you are spending $60 when I can get a dual deploy capable altimeter for that or less.

Has anybody made a dual deploy version of the Wildman Dink without adding a separate tube and av-bay? I know you can easily do this with the Jolly Logic Chute Release. But, I just can't make myself spend 2-3 times the price of a Perfectflight StratologgerCF or an EggTimer Quantum and still don't have electronic deploy of the drogue. I know it would be easy enough to put the altimeter in the nosecone to get a single electronic deploy but what about dual deploy? Tender descender or something like that but again you are spending $60 when I can get a dual deploy capable altimeter for that or less.

I am building mine HED using a Stratologger CF and a cable cutter to get dual deploy. Prairie Twister Rocketry is where I get mine:

https://ptrocketry.blogspot.com/p/cable-cutter.html

I have not done it, but you could order a 1" switchband and two Av bay bulkplates and be good to go. HED is the only option, unless you want to add a payload tube.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of doing it that way. I bought this kit in 2015 on the Black Saturday sale but haven't built it yet and really want to make it dual deployable since it is small and has a big motor mount with the 54mm. With the prevailing winds at the rocket pasture I really don't want to chase a rocket that has been under chute from about 3500-4000 feet. Maybe I can pic up those parts from Tim next week.
:) :wink: :cool:

That reminds me. I never finished mine. It's fully assembled, but not painted. I was gonna get a switch band for mine too, so I can do HED. That way I won't have to add any nose weight.

Note that on my Formula 75 with HED, I simply epoxied the harness to the inside of the nose cone, rather than install an eye bolt. Been working just fine so far.

Back