Dual Deploy Arreaux, questions, questions, and some more...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
Well, as the title warns, i have plenty of questions...

I understand dual deploy, and from talking to people and doing alittle(lot) of googling I think i have an idea of how to do this.

I decided to d/d my arreaux because it seemed like the easiest kit i had to modify for it. I really dont care much about the practibility (providing that is a word) of using the kit, i just want to see if i can manage to do this.

So, heres the layout. Nothing fancy. Coupler in middle, upper payload will be screwed to coupler, NC ejects for upper charge.

Layout of d/d

Heres the Alt. Mount (Ive probably posted this before)

Alt Mount

And the CR's for it, 2 peices of 1/8th ply epoxied together:

CR/bulkhead pic

Now for the horrific and scary diagram:

Altimeterarreauxmodeljpeg.jpg

After talking to ed on chat i decided the simplest way to connect the charge is just through a small hole in the cr/bulkheads. The Red is a thicker (3/16?) bulkhead that the eyehooks for shockcords connect to. This is also where the ejection charge will lay (k.i.s.s.)

On the front red cr/bulkhead to hold the altimeter, coupler and payload in place (with masking tape ontop of all this) are screws passing through the payload tube, coupler, into the cr/bulkhead. Will this work alright? I cant think of how else to have the altimiter be taken out... It would be alittle hard to line up but should work...

Comments, suggestions, something simple I am missing?

As far as the shockcord goes, i guess i will cut the elastic one near the tube and tie a kevlar extension to that, using kevlar for the top too.

For the altimiter its a missile works rrc2, for the canisters and ematch I'm thinking of using the quickburst pre-made disposable canisters, or if anyone has a better suggestion (would it just be better to use daveyfire ematches and follow guides ive seen?)

Thanks a bunch

--sheeepy

The Arreaux was my intorduction to mid power rocketry...

Here is a web site owned by a long lost TRF member. He dual deployed his Arreaux (pronounced Aero).

https://www.highrf.com/gallery/AT-Arreaux

He has a nice site full of rocket pics, his name is Alan Adamson.

Good luck.

I ended up giving into the weight of metal and just using threaded rods to finish it off... Thanks though... the bay came out nice enough, gonna weigh almost 8 oz with the alt. but im not going for altitude, just wanna get it working...

Back