dual deploy altimeter plus beacon?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
I've seen altimeters with the dual deploy function, such as the EasyMini and the Stratologger, and I've seen beacon products such as the BeepX that emit a loud sound to help you find a rocket that drifts some distance away. Is there a product that does all 3 things -- altimeter, dual deploy, and beacon?

My Eggfinder TRS and Quantum both beep out the final altitude upon landing, maybe not the volume your looking for, but it definitely helps you locate the rocket. Although with the TRS the GPS takes you right to the rocket anyway.

My boy's two stage (F15 to E16) had an apogee problem - the payload bay separated at ejection. The Eggfinder in the bay led him right to it.

We found the rest of the rocket because the Quark went with it - and was beeping out the altitude. It's amazing how much can hide in plow furrows. But the sound escaped, and we got the rocket back.

I believe the Missleworks RRC3's third output can be programmed to use a screamer/buzzer from Radio Shack as a locator beacon. I have yet to try it that way since I use a personal keychain alarm as a locator, it is easy to put on the shock cord.

Back