Drive me crazy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What a waste of a weekend.

My computer system had a problem - couldn't do updates from Microsoft. I had contacted Microsoft and still couldn't resolve the problem.

As the computer was having problems keeping up with memory usage, I took the opportunity to get a slightly more powerful one with more RAM.

System is nice, but I have a headache transferring everything over. Firefox was a piece of cake. Microsoft, as usual, was a disaster.

Almost done.

I recently went through the same thing. The acronym "PITA" applies.

On my old comp it took me YEARS to get Hotmail and Outlook to work together and now I'm BACK to trying AGAIN!!!:mad:

I know the feeling After fighting with dell on many occations:bangpan: over my laptops warentiy I contacted wallmart where I had gotten my laptop and fought with them as sso how their system never accreadited:mad: me for the extended service plan I paid for. so after about an hour of fighting and three trips to fax the paperwork over to them I ended up getting a call to go pick out a new laptop at no cost. :y: So I got the dell studio. so far I love it except for the whole vista 64 bit:bang:. looks like soon I am going to be down grading to xp. but the data transfer took me over 24 hours. and i wont go their with the updates. :bang:

. :y: So I got the dell studio. so far I love it except for the whole vista 64 bit:bang:. looks like soon I am going to be down grading to xp. but the data transfer took me over 24 hours. and i wont go their with the updates. :bang:

You probably have Vista 64 bit because your system has 4GB or more of Ram. If you "downgrade" to XP (32) you will not be able to use all your ram. With my newest laptop, I got Vista 32 on it, which was my first Vista computer, and did not have a single issue with it. Matter of fact, my current laptop was the first one I have bought where I did not have to do a complete system wipe and clean install to get rid of all the AOL and other preinstalled crap that slows the system down.

Currently, I have Windows 7 64 bit on my laptop and its doing ok. Personally I liked Vista better, but I plan to Play Around with it till the license I have for it expires. It has crashed a few times but I think that was related to the system overheating (whose idea to have the fan inputs on the bottom?).

All my programs I have work fine in the 64 bit version of the OS. At first, Firefox would not install but they have long fixed that problem. So now I got firefox on my laptop, and man its fast! It loads up much faster than IE (10?) which is not something I can say about my XP machine. Plus I like how I dont have to wait 10 or so seconds for my Favorites list to load up the first time I start the browser.

Last edited:
Back