Dremmel Probs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
before i start i have to release some agression

@#$%^$#% $%^ #@$%^$# #$%$#%^$# #$%^

you can guess what those meant...

arggg... anyway, i was workin on a nosecone for my next bertha rocket in my bertha family, tall bertha, and of course, after an hour of continuous sanding, the motor on my dremmel overheated...

anyone know anyway to fix this or should i just go out and get a new one cause i cant live without a dremmel...

Hello,

Did the dremel overheat and die? If so it would probably just be easier to buy a new one than to find someone to fix it for a good price. If you are still under warrenty then you might be able to get a free one by sending that one back. There should be a number to call in the instruction bnook that comes with it. I got a cordless dremel for christmas. Its good for not getting in the way with a cord but it loses its charge fairly quickly with heavy use. I might invest in another battery so one is in the charger as I am using the other. (Thats incase you get a new one - points to consider). Good luck with it.

-Chris H.

If it over heated badly you probably burned out the field windings.

If that's the case well...it would be cheaper to buy a new one.

I did the same thing to a DeWalt corded drill by drilling out the center of somebody's nose cone with a 1.5" paddle bit...smelled really bad too!

Well that machining job cost me more than I made!

sandman

what sandman said.

point of note: you really shouldn't run a dremel for an hour continously... ...it'll burn 'em out. But i'm bettin' you know that now... :p

ALso, if you are doing balsa with them, you want to be sure that they are kept free from dust (that will overheat them as well if it is a LOT of dust)

jim

Back