Dremel Tools and attachments

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardw

Reaction score
Okay, so I sold some stuff and wanted to get a Dremel tool and some of the accesories.

I wanted opinons on each of these for rocket techniques.

I was going to get the High speed (5,000-35,000) dremel with a flex shaft and then it came with 77 accesories (blades, cut off's etc.) Part No. 3956-02

The dremel 330D router attachment. Mainly for grooving and edging fins centering rings

OR

The dremel 231D shaper router table. Thought this might be easier to shape fins.

Also some of the quick change collets for small bits, some router bits.

Any people use this or have any input?

Edward

edwardw:
I got the 3956-02 with the flex shaft and 77 accessories and its the best investment that I ever made... I could not live without it...

the only problem is that you always have this uncontrolable urge to buy more accessories for it....

Okay, I can't find this anywhere on Dremel's site, but will the Right angle attachment work with the mini saw attachment? If so then it would be much easier to cut with the saw than with the dremel itself.

Edward

don't know the answer to that one edwardw...I use the fiberglas cutoff wheels right now to cut stuff.....

So now I have narrowed the choices between the table shaper (231) and the hand router (330D) The table shaper would be nice to cut G10 and such on, and then I could route the edges on the fins. I guess I only want the hand one for circle cutting, but I already have a fly cutter for that :)

So has anyone used the table shaper?

Edward

a Dremel is a tool every guy needs, I don't know how I got along without it.

You might want to look at the variable speed dremel It's great for use in the dremel drill press.
I'd also go with the router table attachment, Micro-Mark has a wonderful set of carbide 1/8" shank router profile bits that make some fantastic conduit ducts, hatch edging and such. the high quality adjustable bit chucks are a fine addition to the dremel tool bin also.

One note about the Drill Press - according to Dremel these are the compatible dremel tools that fit it:

#275-02 Single-Speed MultiPro® Rotary Tool
#2850-02 Two-Speed MultiPro® Rotary Tool Kit
#395 Variable-Speed MultiPro® Rotary Tool
#398 Digital Rotary Tool
#7800-02 9.6V Cordless MultiPro® Rotary Tool Kit
#8000-01 10.8V Lithium-Ion Cordless

I've ben trying to find a 275-02, 2850-02, or #395 but they keep going to high on ebay - at least within my price range. lol

Silver!
don't believe everything you read;) I have about a doz different dremel models, picked up over many many years, also a few Sears moto-tools and one from my dad I'm not sure who's it is. I've had all the them in the drill press base at one time or another with the exception of the Sears cordless models:) the Router table is a little more selective. I think it worls best with the 395 variable speed model. I can recall where I bought my 395 but it wasn't from eBay? nor do I recall paying much more for it than 35 or 40 bucks. i have to say it is a very nice tool!

another very useful accessory I've found are the fibre reinforced 3" cutoff/grinding wheels, they fit a standard 1/8" 2pc arbor and last forever. use them edge on to cut off whatever even steel. use the flats to grind and sand hard stuff.

Micro,

Man thats great to hear !

I've been basing my searches on Ebay to fit the Drill press based solely on that information.

Thanks for the information !

Cheers,

Back