Dremel Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
I have an dremel that's about 10 years old and really like it. It's not the cordless model but for as long as I can remember, it has had a pretty annoying vibration coming out of the front bearing. Has anyone had any experience with this? I would replace the bearing but I am not sure that is going to solve the problem.

it most likely *is* the bearing. I've had this happen and had to replace the bearings (i usually do a complete rebuild with bushings and such)

one of my dremel's is over 25 years old and still going strong...

...in best Homer Simpson voice....

" Ummmmmm..Dremel...ummmmmmmm..*droolllllllll*..spit runs off chin...Ummmmmmm"

Man, I need to find me a wife..

" Honey, what do you want for Christmas ?"

oohh..Dremel tool with the drill stand..Please ?

Seriously ..I've got a Rota-Matic dremel knockoff, works ok for general stuff but its not a Dremel in any shape or form. :mad:

I found this in a local discount store, Mazel's.

Come with the case, charger (yep rechargable) and 60 accessories!

Only $9.99 too. Great for the Range box!

sandman

Yep, got mine on closeout at the local Walmart for 4 bucks. Brand new in box, the very last one.

It does do excellent work for light sanding, and even drilling. The charge lasts about 3 hours on heavy use, light about 20.

I keep finding new uses for my Dremel. Ever since I bought it, I wonder how I got by without it before. (I purposely bought a "corded" version, as opposed to cordless. They seem to have more power and I have lots of extension cords. This only slightly ristricted ortability is much less of a beating than charging, maintaining charge, etc.)

I'm not very good or artistic with it, mind you......

But I continually find all kinds of handy uses for it and the various bits. Like carving out notches in basswood/plywood centering rings to allow travel of the motor hook on a Tulanko tail rocket, for instance. Or increasing the diameter of the hole on the bottom of a plastic nose cone so I can add nose weight more easily. That kind of stuff.

Back