Dremel 3D Printer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you looking to buy one?

There is a few threads about 3D printing rocketry stuff .

I wouldn't waste your money there is better printers for cheaper , you will be paying a lot of money for the dremel name..

Don't know about any new models, but the original Dremel had a brain-ded design error on the head temperature sensor.

If you want a good printer that is reliable and fairly inexpensive, look into the Prusa I3 Mk2:

https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/59-original-prusa-i3-mk2-kit.html

It is one of the most highly rated printers within the community and is easy for beginners to use. If you want something that is comparable in price but has a bigger build volume, I can offer another suggestion but it requires a lot of tinkering.

you get what you pay for..

We got a Makergear M2 as our first one. We loved it..
We then got a Fusion3 360 and love it even more!

They've paid for themselves about 3 or 6 times over so far... and we've gone thru about 8 spools of filament.. We each have a copy of Simplify 3D on our machines to complement the Creo 3 seats we all have.. (we are 4 designers) Are we allowed to print our own / personal stuff? No, not really.

Would I buy one for home? No. If needed, I would go thru one of the sellers online for parts. I'd rather have ABS over PLA. Nylon even. From a better machine, and with a better degree of accuracy. In fact, I'd rather fabricate my parts in the traditional methods, with traditional materials; wood, paper, metal, solid plastic, etc..

I, personally, would rather a laser cutter than a 3D printer..

Sadly, a decent laser cutter is much more expensive. :)

If you're willing to spend the money for the Dremel, consider the Lulzbot Mini instead. It has auto-leveling, and is also ready to go out of the box. It's also open-source, and designs for all the printed parts are available, so you can print spares and replacements. I've been very happy with mine.

If cost is more of an issue, the Monoprice and Prusa printers are well regarded and much cheaper. There are also kits, but without experience in how they work, debugging a kit could be difficult.

Back