Dreams

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccordmw

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else have dreams where they messed everything up on launch day? Last night, I forgot a parachute on one launch, forgot to turn on my electronics on a second, and forgot shear pins on the third. Oof. Shut up, brain. :bangpan:

Anyone else have dreams where they messed everything up on launch day? Last night, I forgot a parachute on one launch, forgot to turn on my electronics on a second, and forgot shear pins on the third. Oof. Shut up, brain. :bangpan:

Just make sure its not on your L3 cert flight...

Now that you mention it, I can't recall a single rocket-related dream, which is surprising since I dream about just about every crazy random thing in the world....

I DREAMED THAT....

I shot a rocket into the air,
and it made me s--- my underwear.
It looped over and chased me down,
Until my trousers were completely brown.
It curved around and it was hot,
For all the cars in the parking lot.
It binged and it banged as it took out the windows,
Then headed towards a rocket vendor.
The trailer was big, doors open wide,
How could there be any luck on my side.
Rockets a plenty, motors galore,
That rocket dove in like a Siberian boar.
The display was awesome and the damage was done,
I had ruined the day for everyone.
As I drove off the field I had hoped in vain,
That nobody there would remember my name.

I have had those but, most commonly, it's the launch site that's messed up. If we are not launching on the beach we are in a small clearing surrounded my trees. I'm not a psychologist, but that probably says I have some sort of fear of losing them. Probably because I've lost so many LOL

My rocket dreams are usually about launching from strange areas. Like indoors (not sure what that's about) but never actually getting to liftoff. Or some swamp where the pads are on one island and the people on another. Also standing behind a bunch of trees, or too close to buildings.

So maybe I have a secret desire to break the safety code?

No rocket dreams yet.
I'm still have the recurring dream where you suddenly remember you have an evening class, but you haven't gone all semester and don't know what's going on.

Had one last night. Started hooking up igniters on a cluster when I was told to move out so the current batch of rockets could fly. For some reason, my pad fired and the rocket went up on a sub-optimal number of motors. :surprised:

Had one last night. Started hooking up igniters on a cluster when I was told to move out so the current batch of rockets could fly. For some reason, my pad fired and the rocket went up on a sub-optimal number of motors. :surprised:

A guy had a 4x24 cluster of composite E's at Southern Thunder while I was RSOing L/MPR. It was his first composite cluster, so I warned him about latent ignition and marked it HeadsUp.

Sure enough, 3 ignite, one delays and it becomes a wonderful impromptu airstart. Didn't fly unsafe, just.....a bit off course.

Now that you mention it, I can't recall a single rocket-related dream, which is surprising since I dream about just about every crazy random thing in the world....

I'm the exact opposite, I almost never dream. I go to sleep and wake up in what feels like a moments sleep but still rested. I can only remember less than a handful for my entire 61 years...

Everyone dreams. I usually only remember mine if I've gotten 'enough' sleep for a few days in a row, so almost never.

When I do remember them, they're rarely fully visual, sort of like a clip show remix on fast forward.

Yay brain chemistry!

Yeah, the average life of my memories is about an hour. Most are way shorter. Some I remember for a day or so but, since they are not that noteworthy, they don't last much longer either. I don't know how many times I wanted to relay a dream to someone and find all I remember is that I wanted to share it.

That is the rocketry version of the actor's nightmare. The play is about to start and you are in it, but you don't even know what the play is about, and you can't find a script anywhere.

Latest posts

Back