Drat!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mugs914

Beware of the leopard.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Visiting my brother and his family for Christmas in Peoria AZ. The schedule for today was a launch session at the local soccer complex with him and the boys.

In spite of weather.com telling me the winds are NNE at 5 mph, there are whitecaps in the pool and the flag across the way looks like a its made out of plywood. There must be a piece of string wrapped around the propeller of their anemometer...

:mad:

Last edited:
Well, the weather gods gave us a reprieve. My brother said the winds are usually a bit worse at his place than at his launch site, so, with the wind dying off a bit, we took a chance.

The wind was pretty mild at the launch site, blue skies and cool to cold temps. Many flights, all successfully recovered but one; chute stuck in the tube of my nephew's Firehawk for a nose cone off lawn dart that bent the body tube.

I flew three scratch builts (two were maiden flights), a Crossfire ISX and my old reliable Quest Nike Smoke.

After all of my initial whining it turned out to be a great day at the field!

Pics to be posted shortly in the low-power department...

Back